06

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl said.

Although I hate to actually admit it, I agree with Daryl on this. They're both gonna turn and become a liability. Removing the weakest link is the only way to move forward.

If that means getting our hands dirty, then that's a price worth paying. It keeps everyone else alive.

"Is that what you'd want? If it were you?" Shane asked.

"Yeah and I'd thank you while you did it." Daryl replied.

"I hate to say it. I never thought I would but maybe Daryl's right." Dale suggested.

I hummed in agreement with him. Shit was about to go down. You could see it on Ranger Rick's face. He did agree with Daryl at all. All of his self-righteous crap will come back to bite him in the ass one day.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or a rabid dog. He's sick man. We go that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at all this talk of morals and being the good guys. All of that ended when the dead started walking and eating people. If we keep acting like nothing's changed in the world, then we'll die in denial.

"The line is pretty clear. Zero tolerance for walkers or the to be." Daryl said.

"By delaying the inevitable, we're only putting the rest of us in danger." I pointed out.

Daryl looked at me before nodding. Both of us seemed uncomfortable by the prospect of us agreeing on anything.

We worked best when each of us insulted the other. It helped get rid of any suppressed anger that we might have. If we didn't argue, I feel like we'd kill each other.

"What if we can get him help? I heard the CDC was working on a cure." Rick stated.

"I heard that too. I heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." Shane replied.

If we believed everything the radios told us, we would think everything was under control. They said that the military would take care of the undead and that we should stay inside our homes. Every member of this group was smart enough to realize that help wasn't coming.

"What if the CDC is still up and running?" Rick asked.

"That's a long shot, Ranger Rick. Even if they were still there, there's no way Jim would survive that trip." I explained.

The bite takes a person's life within the day, two at best. Jim already looks like one of the dead so he's definitely not holding out for two days.

Getting to the CDC will be difficult enough without an infected man. As for Amy, there's nothing to do. She is already dead, just waiting to turn.

"If there's any government left, any structure at all, they would protect the CDC at all costs, wouldn't they? I think it's our best shot. Shelter, protection..." Rick said.

"We all want these things, alright? I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base at Fort Benning." Shane suggested.

One wants to go find medicine, the other one to find an army. Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. Am I the only one who didn't agree to have Shane and Ranger Rick as our supposed leaders? So they used to be cops, I don't see how that makes them better than anyone else.