28

"Okay, let's get the other car in. Park them in the west entry of the yard." Rick ordered.

Ryan and I exited our car and went to Rick's side. He got us up bright and early to start organizing the prison. At least its yard.

It won't be long before the corpses start rotting even more than they already are. We need to burn them and start using the field for other purposes.

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant vacancy sign." Daryl commented.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The more deserted this place looks, the lesser the chances of anyone bothering us.

Though someone might think to move in and find themselves in a pickle. I'm fine with either choice when it comes to the prison.

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn 'em." Rick retorted.

I put my hand on my hips and looked around the yard. There must be over twenty corpses here and those are just the ones I counted. This will take us the whole day, if not more than that.

Perhaps then the stench of death will leave the air. Ryan wiped a bit of sweat from his face as he surveyed the yard. It was a lot of surface to cover.

"It's gonna be a long day." T-Dog said.

Ryan hummed in agreement as I pulled out a hairband. My hair has grown a bit more than I was comfortable with. As soon as shit settles, I'll have to cut off some of it.

It's already at my elbows which I find extremely irritating. I pulled it into a ponytail as I took a deep breath. My appearance is the last thing I should be focusing on right now.

"We should call Glenn and Maggie. The more hands we got, the quicker this'll be." Ryan said.

That's a good idea, we need more hands on deck. Those two, even though they're extremely obnoxious with their displays of affection, are one of the strongest members of this group.

It didn't surprise me that it was Ryan who thought of them. He and Glenn had this weird friendship where they talked about their feelings and old video games. I mostly tuned them out because I didn't understand the nerd talk.

"They're up in the guard tower." Daryl said.

I raised my eyebrows at the revelation. Why would they go there? Isn't it creepy up there? I mean, they can see all the bodies and the prison which ain't that pleasant to see. Besides, I don't recall them being on watch yesterday.

"The guard tower? They were just up there last night." Rick said.

"Glenn, Maggie." Daryl called.

Everything became clear once the door opened and a shirtless Glenn came out. He was in the process of zipping up his pants and I could see Maggie's shadow in the tower.

The guard tower is actually a great place to have sex at. It's far away from the rest of the group and you have enough time to get dressed if someone comes to find you. Why didn't I think of that?

"Hey. What's up, guys?" Glenn called out.

A chuckle left Rick's lips and I turned my head to see a wide smile on his face. It was one that was rare to see these days.