03

"Could you throw me a bone here, man? Could you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douchebag like Merle Dixon?" Shane asked.

Oh, I've got the answer to that. He married a woman that thinks she knows best, but she really doesn't, and now he has to listen to her if he wants to have a good marriage.

Lori was never my favorite person, not a lot of things in common between us.

"Hey, choose your words more carefully." Daryl warned.

"Oh I did. Douchebag is what I meant." Shane retorted.

I chuckled from behind Daryl. He sent me a glare while I gave him a sweet smile before raising my middle finger.

He scoffed not being affected by it as I resumed listening to Rick and Shane bicker like an old married couple.

"So you and Daryl? That's your big plan?" Lori asked.

"And me." Dakota said.

A snort left my mouth at her suggestion which made everyone look at me. I'd rather make out with the undead than let her go on a suicide mission for a guy who doesn't even like her that much. She probably doesn't even like him as much as she claims to.

"No, you're staying here. I'll go." I said.

"You don't even like Merle." She protested.

"No, but you do, for reasons that I can't explain, which is why I'm gonna bring him back for you." I replied.

She sighed in defeat knowing this was one fight that she wouldn't win. I was the risk taker in this family, she was the supposed rational one.

You know, when she wasn't trying to murder sheriffs. Rick nodded accepting me into the team. He then looked at Glenn.

"Oh come on." Glenn complained.

The corners of my lips lifted up at his groan of protest. Glenn was the only one who knew the ins and outs of Atlanta. Ryan told me that Glenn was a delivery man, just like him. I didn't ask for the specifics though.

"You know the way. You've been there before. In and out, no problem. You said so yourself. It's not fair of me to ask, I know that but I'd feel a lot better with you along." Rick explained.

"That's just great. You're gonna risk three men and a woman now, huh?" Shane asked.

"Four men." T-Dog said.

Daryl snorted at T-Dog's words considering he was the reason why getting Merle back was going to be difficult. He was the one who dropped the key into a drain somehow.

Who could blame him though? Most people would leave Merle behind on purpose. Like me.

"My day just gets better and better, don't it?" Daryl grumbled.

"You seein anyone else here steppin up to save your brother's crap ass except me and Josephine?" T-Dog asked.

"Why you and why her?" Daryl asked.

His words carried a certain amount of resentment towards us. I rolled my eyes knowing he'd never admit that he actually needed our help.