72. ρѕу¢н єναℓυαтισи

~Even the darkest nights will fade into daylight, the sun will overtake the wasteland you're surrounded by. The worst storms will recede, keeping your head up is the hardest part...~

A S H T O N 

When I woke up, it was bright. Everything was blurry, somehow, out of focus. I could smell lemon bleach, could feel the crisp air on my skin. There was a blanket around my hips, it felt scratchy against my legs. I glanced around, looking up and around the room that I was in. It was so bright, with white walls, white lights. I glanced down at my arm, an IV resting in my arm. As I began to process I was no longer at home, the door to the room opened and I jumped. 

Puzzle was standing in the doorway, his beautiful eyes looking over me with worry evident in his eyes. I blushed, lowering my eyes. He walked towards me, sitting down in the chair beside my bed and taking my hand carefully. 

"What happened?" I asked hesitantly. I couldn't remember much of anything that happened after blacking out. Puzzle ran his thumb over the back of my hand softly, biting his lip.

"You had a panic attack." He explained softly, reaching out and brushing my bangs from my eyes. He looked very worried. "You don't remember?" The look in his eye was somewhere between relieved and worried at the same time. I shrugged a little bit, glancing down at my arm. I remembered some of it, I remember fighting with Damien, and feeling off... and wishing I hadn't flushed my pills. I felt guilt wash over me at the remembrance, but I hid it behind a slightly lopsided smile. 

"I remember about Damien. Did Blake get in touch with the police officers?" I asked, and Puzzle hesitated. I could practically see the gears in his head turning as he tried to decide what to say to me. I wanted to know though. 

"Right now, it's not a good time to discuss that." He said finally and kissed my forehead carefully.  "Blake will be around in an hour or so, they said that you wouldn't wake up for a bit longer." He explained softly, taking my hand again. 

"Where is he?" I asked, and Puzzle bit his lip and looked over my face. I could see the stress in his eyes, I could see the hesitation in them. I wanted to apologize, I wanted to say something. I shouldn't have gotten so upset, or... I don't even know what. I just felt terrible about being such a burden on everyone. I felt tears prickling at the corners of my eyes and blinked rapidly, trying to stop them.

"He's gone to settle up some legal things." Puzzle said, smiling easily. "It's no big deal, he'll be around soon." 

"Legal things?" Before Puzzle could answer, a knock on the door sounded before it was pushed open and a man walked into the room. He was tall, dark-skinned with a buzzed head, he had deep brown eyes. I couldn't see much else, because there was a mask blocking half of his face. I could tell he was younger, probably close to Blake's age, though. 

"Hello Ashton," The man said, using the sanitizer on the wall and then grabbing a pair of gloves. He walked over to the bed. "My name is Jeremiah Edevane, and I am a certified psychologist, and the ER doctor asked me to come by and speak with you." He said, smiling carefully as he sat down in the rolling chair. "So, I hear you've had a panic attack. Has that ever happened before?" He asked. 

I frowned a little, sitting up and crossing my legs. "I don't think so," I said before I remembered the bathroom. I had been in the restaurant bathroom a few weeks ago and had freaked out then but I hadn't blacked out or anything. "Well, there was this one time a few weeks ago," I said, biting my lip nervously. 

"What happened?" He asked, nodding his head. 

"Well, I felt like I was being watched," I confessed. "I went into the bathroom and was... just kind of freaking out. I was having a hard time breathing, and things are a little hazy."