35. ιи∂ємиιfι¢αтισи

~I need you to be here with me all night, please don't leave me alone here.~

A S H T O N

When I woke up, things were really blurry and all I could feel was the pressure in my head. It wasn't pain, not yet, at least. I was sure it would be soon anyway. I could hear my pulse in my ears, and I couldn't help the slightly nauseous way I felt. I couldn't help but look up at the ceiling and feel a bit of dread setting in. 

I couldn't remember exactly what had happened last time I was awake, it was all a little hazy. I remember waking up, Blake pressing kisses to my neck. I remember Blake hugging me and bringing me over to the hospital. But I couldn't remember anything after they gave me the medicine to make me sleep through the surgery. I don't even really remember them giving it to me. 

I carefully kept my eyes shut, my head felt heavy, and it was hot. Why is it so hot in the hospital? I was sure that I'd always been cold in the hospital. I groaned, my eyes felt hot, and heavy. I wanted to just crawl into a dark, cold hole and sleep. 

"Ashton?" I heard and I groaned again. Daddy. I wanted to be close to him right now. I could hear the blood rushing in my ears, but I couldn't feel part of my head. It was so foggy I wasn't even positive that it was Blake at first. I whined, and I heard Blake walking over to the bed. His hand softly traced down my arm and wrapped around my hand. "Daddy's here, baby boy." He said softly, and I whimpered.

He leaned down and kissed my head before he sat down beside me. I opened my right eye just a tad so I could glance over and see him, just to let myself know for sure it was him and it was. I could've cried when I saw him. I felt so scared and vulnerable right now, all I really wanted to be in his arms where I could hide. I wish I could go home. I hated hospitals so much, and I only hated this more because it was me in the hospital. I just wanted to go home where Blake could hold me. 

Oh god, I thought my headaches hurt. I groaned quietly, and took the pillow the nurse had laid beside me and covered my face with it. When I had my headaches this always helped, at least a little. It provided some kind of comfort, I suppose. 

A knock on the door made me whine again and I finally fully opened my eyes. The room was white with blue stripes, with a painting hanging in the middle of one of them of a monkey. It was really ugly if you ask me, but I guess no one really did, right? I looked over to the door as the nurse walked in. "Hey Ashton! How ya feelin' buddy?" She asked me, and I raised an eyebrow and winced a little. Why is she treating me like a baby? 

"'M fine..." I stutter out, feeling a bit dizzy now that I've finally opened my eyes.

"Good! My names Annison and I'll be your nurse until seven am." She said, and I nodded. I didn't even think about responding to her, but that was okay, because she continued; "I am going to check your vital signs and stuff. How is your pain level?" She asked. I shrugged, and winced at my bad choice of movements. "On a scale from one to ten?" She asked. 

"It's about a four." I said, and she nodded, and started checking my pulse. Surely, my heart rate was up at least a little bit.  I guess it's nothing to really worry about because I'm in the hospital so they are paid to worry about that kind of thing. 

"You can have your next Vicodin in an hour so by the time that the number gets higher, you'll be able to get your next pill." She said. "Your dinner will be brought by shortly love. Do you need anything?" She asked. I shook my head and rested back into the bed, closing my eyes again. I didn't really feel like talking to anyone. I just wanted to go back to sleep and I still felt sleepy enough to do so.