18. αииєχαтισи

~You can do anything to me I am yours. I am your property. You own me. And I don't mind that.~

A S H T O N

I felt slightly better Monday. Blake hadn't wanted to let me go to school, but I'd made him. I knew that I couldn't begin to miss school, and even if I could, I didn't want to let him know that my head still slightly hurt. It had gotten a lot better than it was, and an aspirin had about knocked the pain out entirely.

It wasn't completely gone, but it was bearable. I knew that I shouldn't be lying to Blake, but I couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't end up in me doing to the hospital and being poked and prodded.

I didn't want that.

So, I didn't tell him. I felt okay, so I just walked through the motions of my day. Blake dropped me off at school, and I walked into my creative writing class and sat down in my seat near the teachers desk. "Hello Ashton, how're you today?" Mrs. Lynn said.

"I'm okay, Mrs. Lynn. Tired, but okay." I said, and she nodded her head. A few minutes passed and class began. Time seemed to be going really slowly today, and I just couldn't wait to go home. I missed Blake so much, and I just wanted to be back with him.

I took notes on the different types of writing—fiction, non-fiction, and the like. Mrs. Lynn was in the middle of explaining why knowing the difference between a noun and a participle was dire when a knock on the door stopped her in her tracks. She called for whoever it was to come in, and everyone turned to see a police officer standing there.

"I need to speak with Ashton Carter, please." The man said, and I gulped. Mrs. Lynn nodded, and I gathered my stuff up, putting it into my bag and stood up, going over to the police officer.

The entire room began chorusing whispers behind my back and I bit my lip, following the man out of the classroom. He led me all the way to the lobby of the school and back to a conference room by the principal's office. I sat down nervously.

"I can assume you are quite confused on why I came to call you out of class today," the man said and I nodded, watching as he sat down in front of me. "Listen, Mr. Carter, I need to ask you some questions." He said, and I nodded.

"What about?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Your relationship with Blake Reynolds." The officer said, and I sighed deeply.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, there have been a number of allegations about Mr. Reynolds from your father, I believe... and legally we must respond." He said, and I sighed.

"I'll answer anything you ask." I said, and he nodded.

"What exactly is your relationship with Mr. Reynolds?" He asked.

"He is my boyfriend." I said, looking at my nails boredly.

"How long have you known Mr. Reynolds?" He asked, and I sighed this time, rolling my eyes.

"Since June." I said, and he nodded, writing this down.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm eighteen." I said.

"How old is Blake Reynolds?" He asked.

"Thirty eight." I said, he looked momentarily curious, then hid it.

"And how would you describe your relationship?" He asked.

"We have a very good relationship." I said easily. "He makes me happy. He's very kind and giving." I said.