53. ¢σиfιямαтισи

-Something about us just feels right, and in this moment I'm a little bit lost in the endless abyss that is you.-

A S H T O N

By the time that we reached a restaurant my legs were desperate for a walk. I was exhausted and I could only imagine how Puzzle felt because he'd been focused so heavily on driving that he hadn't really been able to stretch his legs at all. I felt kind of bad because I was just a ride along, when it'd be easier on him if he had of gotten someone to tag along that could drive too. Blake and I had been talking constantly, and Puzzle and I finally started talking about something other than awkward stuff that didn't really matter. I liked that he and I had so much in common. We like the same music, the same books, and food.

I hadn't expected that, because Puzzle and I are polar opposites, and it doesn't seem like we would share the same interests like that. I didn't share much common ground with Blake as he was older and had more of a sophisticated set of interests. He preferred quieter music, with educational-esque books, and fancy food. He will eat stuff like McDonalds and stuff, but he definitely preferred more expensive foods.

It was different to have someone that actually shared interests with me, because even with Damien we were so different we didn't really share interests. We just did different things together, so that we would have company. We would do things that were boring just because we couldn't decide on something we both wanted to do.

"Let's go, hopefully we can speed on down to Maryland, and hopefully not be dead by that time." He said.

"Do you want to eat in the car?" I asked.

"We can eat in if you'd like. I could use a break from driving anyway." I nodded and smiled. I could use a break from the car, anyway. I officially dislike long drives just because of how tiring it is. Like the farthest I've ridden in a car was this, because all our family lived in the city, or at most an hour away. I had enjoyed all the talking though, because as we rode along, we talked. It was fun, because it was just an open ended conversation, it could go anywhere. That was fun, interesting.

"Let's eat quick though, I'd like to have some time to relax once we get there, and we should probably stop by a store and grab drinks and some chips and shit, so that we don't have to be hungry or thirsty." Puzzle said. "Just make a list, and if you don't want to go in I can go in by myself."

"No trust me, after this ride, a store will be perfect to stretch out my body." I said, and groaned. "I'm like, stiff."

"Yeah, sitting down for hours on end in an uncomfortable position will do that. Here, lets order." He said, and I nodded.

-   +   -

The ride seemed to never end and I was getting exhausted. By the time we pulled into the motel parking lot it was 11 pm and we just made it before we lost the room for the night. I was relieved to see the motel, and was super ready to just go in and crawl into the bed. I also wanted to hang out with Puzzle, though. We only had one night together and I wanted to try my best to figure out what we are, or what we can be tonight. I want to know how I feel, and how he feels, without worrying about Blake. It was important that we figure out what we are.

I know that today with Puzzle has been a lot of fun, and it wasn't what I had expected. He was a lot more relaxed around me now that we are alone, and I feel like that's definitely a start. I hadn't expected to feel this way around him. He made me feel less... off-balance. With Blake he's in control the whole time, and that's nice because I don't always want control. But it is nice to have someone I am on an even playing field with.

Puzzle grabbed our overnight bags and took them up to the room. I was surprised at how nice the motel was, because I'd always heard that motels were trashy. It wasn't a five star resort, but it was pretty decent, actually. "Want to smoke a bowl?" Puzzle asked, and I nodded, sitting down on the bed and crossing my legs. Puzzle's eyes looked over me from where he was sitting and looked away, grabbing the weed and the pipe. "I just brought a little bit to get us through the night, because we're going to the dispensary in the morning."