Part 1 - Free

She saw a faint light far across the cave. For years, she walked towards the light. But everytime when she is almost at the end, she will just reappear back from where she started. She ran and ran until one day she finally gave up.

She looked around her the part of the cave she is in right now looks like a room fit for a kid or a place she could call home. She grew up in that cave. The cave seem to be more like a mother to her. It supplies her with all her needs and taught her everything she needs to know. After almost a decade, she heard a voice coming from the light she used to ran towards to over and over again. "Come to me... Come to me..." the voice whispered.

She gave up running towards the light for so many years and now it is calling for her? Curious, she walked towards the light but this time it was different. It only took her a few steps to reach the exit. That's when she saw a thick glass at the exit of the cave. She peered at the glass. Suddenly, she heard a crack and saw a small hole at the top part of the glass that sealed the cave. She hit the glass really hard and it shattered to pieces. She felt a breeze of cool air coming from outside the cave. She saw grass, trees, flowers and animals, those she only see in photos on the cave walls now right before her eyes. As she stepped out of the cave, she heard the same voice that led her here, calling for her and a blinding beam of light blocked her vision. "Once you step out of this cave, live the life of an ordinary human. Forget all about this cave, Hera, Forget it... Forget it..."

Hera woke up in a patch of grass. She coudn't remember why is she in this place or where she was from. She seemed to be nowhere. The only thing she remembered was a voice saying, "Forget all about this cave, Hera". She looked around and saw noone. She seems to be nowhere.

Suddenly, a lady holding a basket approached her. "Are you lost, dear?" said the lady. She nodded. The lady asked her what her name is. That's when she remembered the voice and answered, "I'm Hera". The lady decided to adopt Hera as she couldn't remember anything. They walked out of the forest and Hera saw a small town. She entered the lady's house and looked around. It looks cozy, she thought. "Make yourself at home, dear, as you will be living here. Oh, I forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Leonora!" Leonora led Hera to an empty room. "This is originally the guest room, but since we don't often have guest, this shall be your room. Feel free to make any changes. You must be hungry, I'll get you some food," said Leonora. Hera smiled. She explored the house and saw many portraits of Leonora and a blonde haired girl. Suddenly, she heard footsteps from behind. "Who are you?" said the girl.

My first story! It's not very good. But hope you like it 😃