Part 16 - Glimpses Of The Past?

After school, Hera and Jovie went to the coffee shop to look for Claire. They looked around but couldn't find her anywhere. Suddenly, a barista waving them over. They walked towards the barista.
"Are you Hera and Jovie?" asked the barista.
"Yes, why?" said Hera.
"I'm Amelia. I work here. Claire has told me all about the two of you when she came to the cafe. Erm, where's Claire?" asked Amelia.
"We came here to look for her. She has been  absent in school for three days," said Jovie.
"Oh, that makes sense as everyone is talking about her. Absent from one day may be alright, but not three days. I do not know where she is but maybe you could go to her house in the mountains," said Amelia.
"Thank you Amelia. I wonder what her house looks like," Jovie said excitedly.
"Huge. The biggest house in the mountains you guy can't miss it," said Amelia.
"Wow. Have you been there before?" asked Jovie.
"Nope, everytime I plan to visit her, she  would say that she is busy or something. She would always visit me however. Claire didn't have any friends before she met the both of you. So she would always come to the cafe to have a chat with me. I also taught her how to make coffee as I saw passion in her."
"So that's how she made that delicious coffee, " said Jovie.
Hera and Jovie left the cafe and started walking up the mountains. After a while, they reached the mountains and saw many small houses and one that was the largest of them all. They knocked on the door but noone answered. They knocked again but no response. When they were about to leave, Claire opened the door.
"Claire! What took you so long?" asked Hera.
"I was upstairs. I couldn't hear the knock until I saw you guys through the window," said Claire.
"Why have you been absent?" asked Jovie.
"Miss Gianna says it's better that I'm absent for a few days as everyone is talking about what happened."
"Oh, by the way, did you know that the presentation was today?" asked Hera.
"Oh, I forgotten about it!" said Claire shocked.
"It's ok, it went well. However, a few other groups weren't successful with their potion," said Hera.
"By the way Claire, we've never been in your house before. Mind if we come in?" said Jovie.
"Oh, actually, Miss Gianna and I are working on a new recipe now."
"Oooo what recipe is it?"
"Errr, we haven't name it yet."
Suddenly, they heard a soft explosion coming from inside.
"Oh, I think something went wrong. I've got to go help her. Bye guys. See you in school tomorrow," said Claire in a hurry shutting the door. Hera and Jovie looked at each other, puzzled. They returned home after that.
🍁
She heard someone talking but it wasn't clear.
"I'll leave Hera here, she'll be safe, "said a voice.
Suddenly, a bright beam of light shined, blinding her. She was in a room now. She looked around herself carefully. There were grey walls around her, forming a hallway. On the walls, there were photos of plants, trees and flowers. She looked at the floor, there were toys everywhere. Suddenly, she saw faint light at the end of the hallway. She ran towards the light. But the light seemed to get further and further whenever she walked closer. She heard a crack sound coming from the light. But the light got brighter and brighter until all she saw was white light. Hera opened her eyes, sweating. She looked around. She was in her room and the sun was up. Suddenly, she heard someone entering the room.
"Hera, wakey, wakey," said Jovie. Suddenly, she saw Hera sweating in her bed. She rushed to her side and asked her what was going on. Hera told her all about her dream and that she had dreamt of the same room before. After that, they had breakfast. They told Leonora everything. Leonora looked at Hera and said, "Maybe it's just glimpses your past before I found you." After she finished, she continued eating. Her expression changed. Hera also told her about the voice but Leonora insisted it might be glimpses of her past.