Part 34 - The Return Of Magic

Hera took a deep breath and recited the spell. With every word she recited, the crystal ball started sparkling and glittering. The crystal ball glowed really brightly. It started floating in the air. The crystal ball glowed brighter and brighter, lighting up the whole town, from the mountains to the flat lands. As Hera recited the last word of the spell, the crystal ball's glow faded and became dimmer and dimmer, swallowing all the light it had just let out. Leaving only a small glow at the centre of the crystal ball. Everyone looked at the crystal ball as well as Hera who finished the spell. After that, the crystal ball cracked and light burst out. The crystal ball shattered into thousands of tiny broken crystals that looked like sparkling dust. The sparkling fragments snowed down. As it landed on the grass, it was no longer sparkling. It was now powerless specs of dust that lost all its magic. Everyone looked at the sky of snowing crystals. One by one they fell, from a sparkling crystal to an ordinary one. They let out their palms, feeling the crystals. Jovie, Claire, Isabel and Mateo gathered around Hera, amazed. Jovie patted her shoulder, "You've done your duty as the keeper of the crystal ball." Hera smiled and looked at the sky, "I've done it mom."
After that, Hera looked at them shocked. "Wait where's Miss Leonora and Miss Clara?"
They hurried into the house. As they opened the door, they saw no one, except for the table destroyed and the curtains torn. They heard voices coming from the room downstairs. They walked down the stairs carefully. Beside Aric's cage was Gianna, squeezed in her tiny cage similar to Aric's.

"Just like old times, Clara," said Leonora.

"Indeed," said Clara.

They saw the five of them standing at the stairs.

"Oh I see you girls have succeeded," said Leonora.

"I'm a boy," said Mateo tiptoeing at the back.

"We saw snow from the window," said Clara while looking out of the window. "And when we took a closer look, it turned out to be crystal dust!"
They looked at Gianna and Aric in the cage.

"Looks like we Juniors are much better than you, Senior Jemisha," said Clara.

"I was born for this. To hold the ultimate power! I'm the grandchild of the Malevolent Sisters, it's my duty," said Gianna while holding the bars.

Claire walked towards her and said, "It's not about where you come from but who you choose to be. You knew it was evil to do that, yet you still did it."

After that, many people gathered outside the house. The town's cops took away all the magical items found on Gianna and Aric. They put Gianna and Aric into the prisoners wagon and took them away. Hera saw Claire who was standing at the side. She looked sad. Hera patted her shoulder. The whole town cheers as the crystal ball has been destroyed. Hera an ordinary girl who wasn't so ordinary after all, has accomplished what the past keepers had been yearning for. It was fate that brought her meeting her friends and many other people.

After a few weeks, Hera and Jovie walked to school together. As they were walking towards school, they passed by the town. The town which was once filled with ordinary shops side by side was now filled with sorcerers' lairs and potion shops. As they reached school, they saw a potion shop downhill near the school. It was the secret chamber connected to the library. They entered the shop and saw many portraits of the Best Sorcery Student Of The Year hung up. They saw Miss Anemone admiring her teenage portrait. The same gnome who watches over the library, now runs the potion shop too. At the same time, a female gnome  entered the the shop and caught his attention. He walked out of the counter and greeted her in a flirty way. Seems like gnomes started visiting town now. Well, he won't have to be so lonely now. Unfortunately, Hera couldn't find the bookshelves of valuable books. Guess they hid it. It's top secret after all.

They reunited with Claire, Isabel and Mateo at school. Miss Anemone not only teaches them potions and history, but also spells and magic wands now. She brought a few magical items which she tucked away and showed it to the class. As usual, Mateo the class joker, asked lots of questions. Whether he was joking or not, who knows.

After school, Hera and Jovie returned home. As they opened the door, Teapea bounced to them. They looked around for Leonora but she was nowhere to be seen. They looked at each other and smiled. They went to Isabel and Mateo's house which was once an ordinary potion shop, but now it's filled with advanced and powerful potions. It's a lair and a potion shop. There were also magical items such as the Globe Of Light. Leonora now works alongside Clara  to run the shop. They saw Leonora and Clara in front of a boiling cauldron. As they put an ingredient into it, a tiny smoke exploded. Isabel and Mateo walked down the stairs and smiled upon seeing Hera and Jovie. After that, the four of them went to Claire's cafe. The cafe was the same as always. They saw Claire making coffee with one of the baristas. As they turned, the barista turned out to be Amelia. Amelia now owns the cafe and adopts Claire after Gianna and Aric were thrown into the dungeon. The house Claire used to live in in the mountains became a museum for people to visit. A place to remember. Claire made the four of them coffee and gave it to them. As they were about to take a sip, she pulled the cups away and added the secret ingredient.

After a few days, it was the town's anniversary festival. Everyone gathered at the park. Hera looked around the park and at the night sky. Now, everyone forms no border between one another, whether they are adopted or not. As the most important thing isn't where you came from but who you chose to be.

~ The End ~

Thank you for reading my story!

Comment what do you think of this story!

I will be publishing Life Of Hera later on. It will be more fantastical and the descriptions are better. Therefore, you will have more imaginations in your mind when you read it. I learnt a few things when writing the first series so the second series, Life Of Hera 2 will be better.

Bye👋🏻😊