Part 30 - The Scroll

The creature floated in front of them and said, "Fourteen years ago, Harper and Eden were chased by Jemisha. Well, you already know their story." She looked at Hera and said, "Have you ever wondered why is there a glass at the mouth of the cave, sealing you in all these years?"

"Your magic?" said Hera.

She smiled, "No, it was your mother, Harper. She and Eden knew they didn't have much time left. Therefore, she passed the power to you and left you here." Suddenly, a scene formed before their eyes. It was Harper and Eden leaving baby Hera and slowly being swallowed by the light. The scene melted. Now, it was Harper and Eden standing outside the cave. Harper stretched her hand into the sack which she had placed the crystal ball. She took out a tiny piece of shattered glass. She held the tiny glass with her fingers high up in the air at the mouth of the cave and recited a spell, "May this glass seal the cave from the outside world and free the hostage when the time is right." After that, the glass piece sparkled and floated to the centre of the cave's entrance. A glass was formed, sealing the cave. After that, they heard footsteps and ran away quickly. The scene melted and the three of them were back in the cave. They looked at the lady-like creature. She said, "That tiny glass piece was a part of the crystal ball. As you know, when the keeper looks at the crystal ball right in the eye, the crystal ball will be activated. For this glass piece, a spell was casted to free the hostage when the time is right."

"What do you mean when the time is right?" asked Hera.

"That day when you heard the voice, you only took a few steps to reach the exit unlike what you've been doing for years, running an endless marathon. At that same time, Leonora happened to be collecting magical ingredients for her potion. Leonora, who was abandoned  by her parents afterwards adopted by a sorceress, she will adopt you. Also, she's a sorceress with a daughter around your age. That's why you took only a few steps to reach the end. The glass which was part of the crystal ball recognised you, that's why it shattered. After that, I erased all you memories so that you could lead an ordinary life, meeting new friends and slowly finding out who you really are."

"I'm the keeper of the crystal ball, "Hera said while looking at the creature. "The spell is in the cave. I must recite it"

"In front of the crystal ball," said the creature.

The three of them looked around the cave for a scroll.

"A parchment which you scribble and draw on," said the creature.

"What -" Hera turned and the creature was gone.

"Where do we start?" asked Claire.

"A parchment which you scribble and draws," said Jovie.

"We must find a paper with a drawing on it!" said Hera.

"Well, do you remember drawing on any papers?" asked Claire.

Hera thought for a while. She remembered drawing on a paper which had words on the other side. After that, she placed it into a box. She looked at the box Jovie had tripped over. They took out all the toys and searched for the scroll but to no avail.

"Maybe you placed it somewhere else?" said Jovie.

Hera started thinking and recalled drawing pictures of trees and flowers.  "This is beautiful," said kid Hera. Kid Hera looked around the cave and saw an empty frame in the box. She took it out and slipped her drawing into the frame. After that, she hung it on the wall.

Hera looked at the wall attentively and saw many pictures of trees and flowers. The last one looked like a simple drawing. She walked towards the frame and took it down. She pulled the drawing out and turned it around. There was writing, it was the spell. "I found it!"

Claire and Jovie were overjoyed.

"Now we just have to find that crystal ball," said Hera.

"I don't think you will be doing that," said a voice.

Far across the cave stood a shadow. It slowly became two. A woman and a man who looked familiar walked towards them.  "Well done Claire," said one of the shadows.

Hera and Jovie looked at Claire, shocked.