Part 15 - The Potions

"Did you see that? Her bracelet glowed," said a voice.
In a dark room, there was a book opened. A lady in the dark read it silently and said, "Indeed..." She brushed her fingers across the handwritten word on the page. After that, she took a pencil and started writing : The bracelet only shows it's magic in the presence of the blue moonlight.
"The child is alive," she laughed horribly. "And in this very town."

After the Blue Moon Festival, the whole town had been talking about Claire's bracelet. Mateo and Isabel walked towards Hera and Jovie while carrying three school bags. But Claire was nowhere to be found.
"Hey guys, I haven't seen Claire in a while," said Mateo.
"We do not know where she is either," said Hera.
"We thought she would not come to school for just one day because of what happened but we didn't expect it to be three days," said Jovie.
"Are you guys going to present your potion without her later?" asked Isabel.
"I guess so," said Hera.
"Maybe we should look for her after school," said Jovie.
"Sure thing," said Hera.

RIINGG—
"Good morning class," said Miss Anemone. "I guess all of you are ready to present your potions?" She looked at the class on a smile and the class looked back at her with no response. "OK then, I guess there is no reason that any of you didn't collect enough moonlight."
"Miss Anemone, why did Claire's bracelet glow?" asked a student.
"I'm not really sure, but it might be because her bracelet is a magical item," asked Miss Anemone.
"Miss Anemone, didn't you say magical items vanished for decades?" asked Mateo.
"Yes indeed. As to why she has such bracelet I didn't know. But it could be a family heirloom or something."
"Even Claire doesn't know that her bracelet could glow," said Mateo.
"Oh I see," said Miss Anemone. She looked around and smiled, "I see Claire's absent again?"
"Yes she is," Hera answered.
"Do you know where she is?"
"We don't but we're planning to look for her today."
"Oh I see does she know that today she needs to present the potion?"
"Erm, I'm not sure."
"Well then, a date is a date we'll just carry on without her. Hera and Jovie, you'll present your potions first. Start by introducing what your potion is and test it out."
Hera and Jovie walked to the front of the class, potion in hand. They explained all about their shapeshifting potion and about what the riddle meant. After that, Hera poured a drop of the potion on Jovie and she turned into a bird. The class started mumbling. They were impressed.
"Tweet tweet," Jovie the bird tweeted.
"And there she is a bird," said Hera.
"Tweet! Tweet! TWEEETT!!!" Jovie the bird tweeted in a loud frustrating sound.
Everyone looked at Jovie the bird, eyes wide. Jovie the bird continued tweeting in a sharp tone.
"I think it's time for her to revert back to her original self," sais Miss Anemone.
Hera looked around her and said, "How?"
"Not to worry, I have a reversal potion for all of you," said Miss Anemone. She took a small bottle of from her pocket and dripped it onto Jovie. Jovie the bird became Jovie the human again.
"Hey Jovie, you don't like being a bird so you? You tweeting sounded angry," said Mateo.
"I was trying to say, turn me back as all of you were looking at me for almost ten minutes!" said Jovie.
The whole class nodded with agreement and understanding. After that, many other trios presented their sparkly potion. One was a shrinking potion and the student became so small that he almost got crushed. Luckily, Miss Anemone picked the tiny student just in time. Mateo's group demonstrated their enlarging potion. Mateo grew so big that he needed to hunch over so that he didn't break the ceiling. "Now I know how it feels like to be a giraffe or a whale," said Mateo difficultly. Hera and Jovie giggled. After that, Miss Anemone nodded her head saying that all of them did a great job except for some groups who guessed the wrong potion and collected the wrong ingredients.