Part 14 - The Blue Moon Festival

After school, Hera, Jovie and Claire went to Jovie's house to be the potion. They put the ingredients one by one into the small cauldron on the table and mixed it. With every ingredient they put in, a different colour smoke came out. Finally, they've finished the potion. All that's left is the blue moonlight. The next day in school, everyone brought their potions for Miss Anemone to see.

"I've looked at all your potions, so far so good. As you all know there will be a full blue moon tonight, you'll be collecting the moonlight then. All you need to do is open the cover and place it under the blue moonlight. When your potion starts sparkling and glowing blue, it means it's done. But be warned, as most magical potions like yours require the blue moonlight, there will be potion thieves. During the last blue moon, a few potions were stolen. One of them was a colour-changing potion, " said Miss Anemone.
"Who stole it?" asked Mateo.
"No one knows. All they saw were some potions missing and someone in a hood running into the woods."
"Miss Anemone, so sorcerors in the past brew potions?" asked Mateo.
"Yes, of course."
"But if most potions require blue moonlight, how are they suposed to brew so many potions?"
"They conjure the blue moonlight using their magic wands while reciting a spell."
"How interesting," said Mateo he sat back in his chair slow-motion and eyes narrowed.
At night, all the people in town gathered at the park for the Blue Moon Festival. There were many people there. Some were lying on their blankets, while some chatting. There were also many students, potion in hand preparing to collect the moonlight and showing off to other friends. Most of the people cherish their time with their loved ones and family during the Blue Moon Festival as one should be thankful to be able to see the blue moon which comes once every ten years, a moment where everyone settles down to enjoy the glorious moon slowly glowing blue away from stress and busy life.
"Hey guys," said Mateo, potion in hand while walking towards Hera, Jovie and Claire.
"Hi Mateo, hi Isabel," said Hera.
"Aren't you guys excited? I've never seen a Blue Moon before!" said Jovie.
"You're not the only one," said Claire.
"I read about the Blue Moon. It glows at twelve midnight! Look, just a few minutes left!" said Isabel while pointing at the town's clock which is in the middle of the park.
Suddenly, the sparkle in Claire's bracelet shined at the corner of Isabel's eyes.
"That's one beautiful bracelet!" said Isabel.
"Thank you!"
"Does it do anything?" asked Isabel.
"What do you mean?" Claire asked curiously.
"I saw it glow a little just now."
"I didnt know it could do that," said Claire while inspecting her bracelet.
"Mateo, Isabel, the Blue Moon is about to begin," said their mother.
"Our mom's calling us. You guys should go to your families too!" said Isabel.
Hera and Jovie went towards Leonora while Claire went to Gianna. Everyone gathered aside by side. All the families closed to each other observing the night sky. Suddenly, the moon started glowing blue. All the students took out their potions and exposed it to the moonlight.
"Mine started glowing!" said one.
"Mine too! It's so beautfiul," said another.
One by one their potion glittered a faint blue glow. Suddenly, the blue gem in Claire's bracelet started glowing brighter and brighter. With passing second, the gem glowed stronger and stronger until it was so bright that it lit up the whole park blue. Everyone's potion started glowing brighter and glittered even more.
"What's happening?" said Claire hands trembling while looking at Gianna. Gianna looked at the bracelet shocked, as well as everyone else in the park. Few seconds later, the blue moon stopped glowing and returned to its original colour as well as the gem on Claire's bracelet. Hera, Jovie, Mateo and Isabel gathered around Claire.
"Woah Claire, so you do magic?" asked Mateo.
"I don't know why it was glowing," said Claire.
"Could it be a magical item?" asked Isabel.
"I don't know, Miss Gianna had given it to me as a gift," said Claire.
"It's a family heirloom, but I didn't know it could glow!" said Gianna.
"A family heirloom?" said Leonora who was walking towards them.
"Yes passed down from my parents," said Gianna.
"But anyways, that glow from your bracelet really boosted our potions! Look it's glowing so brightly!" said Mateo.