Part 27 - The Map

Hera hurried downstairs, still wearing her pyjamas. Jovie and Leonora were seated at the table having breakfast while Teapea ate her food.

"I'm the daughter of Harper and Eden. I'm the keeper of the crystal ball. I have to destroy it," said Hera in a sharp tone. They looked at her shockingly.

"I remember everything now. Mom, did you find me in the Enchanted Forest?" asked Hera.
Leonora nodded.

"I have to find the spell!" said Hera.

"What spell?" asked Jovie.

"The spell to destroy the crystal ball. I remember everything now. I grew up in the Enchanted Cave. Harper and Eden left me there the day Jemisha chased after them. Harper hid the spell in the cave!" said Hera. She told them everything.

"Well, yesterday Isabel came over while we were at Claire's. She said that the Globe Of Light only glow in such a way when the keeper is near," said Jovie.

"It all makes sense now," said Hera.

"But how do you explain Claire's bracelet?" asked Jovie.

"When her bracelet glowed, the whole town was there. The bracelet felt Hera's presence and glowed,"said Leonora.

"So the spell is in the cave?" asked Jovie.
Hera nodded.

"But how do we get to the cave?" asked Jovie.

"You'll need the map," said Leonora.
They looked at her.

"Maybe you could find the map in the chamber."

After that, they hurried to Claire's house. As Claire opened the door, both of them grabbed her and told her everything.
"What?" said Claire.
They hushed her.

"We need to go to the chamber to find that map!" said Hera.

After that, the three of them hurried to the library. As it was early in the morning, there were very few people. They entered the chamber quietly and quickly searched for the map. They searched for some time but to no avail.

"We have searched every book but still can't find it," said Jovie.

Hera thought for a moment. She looked at the book of Harper. She picked it up and mumbled, "Lady and the sphere." They looked at her then at the book. She opened the book and flipped to the part where Isabel showed her last time. She read the book until the place where she had stopped. She looked at the next page. She had never seen the contents before. "Hey guys, come look," said Hera. They gathered around her. Hera read the book. "Some people believed that Harper and Eden hid their child in the Enchanted Cave. How smart were they to do so as you'll never find the cave without the map." They continued reading but still couldn't find the map. Hera closed the book and placed it on the floor with the back facing the top. The three of them sat on the floor thinking. Abruptly, Hera saw words carved at the back of the book. She brushed her fingers across the word on the cover. Jovie and Claire looked at the book.

"It's a set of instructions," said Hera.
Jovie looked at the book and said, "Look, there's a riddle at the bottom," while pointing at the last line of words.

"Let's go to the forest then," said Claire.

"We must copy this down, we can't bring the book with us," said Hera.

They looked around for a piece of paper and wrote the instructions and riddle down. They left the library and headed for the Enchanted Forest.