Part 28 - The Riddle

It was already noon upon leaving. They followed the instructions and crossed many lakes and fields of magical plants. The land was sparkling and glittering. Jovie looked  around, amazed. They followed the instructions and reached the field of hocus crocus. They looked around but it was just hocus crocus.

"Well this is where the last instruction led us," said Claire while holding the paper.

"I guess we should look around?" said Jovie.
They nodded and walked around, searching for the cave. After a while, they couldn't find anything.

"Did you guys find anything?" asked Hera.
Claire shook her head.

"All I found were more hocus crocus and a river," said Jovie tiredly.

"How about we solve the riddle?" said Claire.

They looked at the paper and read the riddle :
Without this map or should I say guidance,
You'll never find me,
I'm hidden in the Enchanted Forest behind a bush, a tree of who knows what.
Go with the flow, I'll be waiting.
Without wisdom, knowledge or courage,
I'm nowhere to be seen.
People usually run from the start,
as they fear they might fall right to the end.
The process is quick people don't notice me,
as they only focus on their fear and don't dare to look.
People look for me yet they run,
they missed out what they've been looking for,
so close yet so far,
For I'm just right under your nose.

"I hope sorcery class or should I say riddle class paid off," said Hera.

"I see why we need to solve riddles now," said Jovie.

"But what did the riddle mean?" asked Claire.
They read the riddle over and over again.

"The last instruction led us here, so maybe the cave is somewhere here?" said Hera.

"Let's look around," said Claire.

"Wait, don't you think we should figure out the riddle?" asked Jovie while holding the paper in hand.

"There's no time for that," said Hera. After that, she hurried off to look for the cave.

Jovie looked at Claire and said, "But we'll be searching blindly."

"Come on, let's search," said Claire. After that, she took off to look for the cave.
But Jovie believed that the next move is to solve the riddle. Therefore, she sat in the field of hocus crocus and started solving the riddle. Both of them searched and searched for a long time but couldn't find the cave. Here and Claire returned to Jovie.

"I couldn't find anything. All I saw was hocus crocus, lakes and a river," said Hera.

"Me too," said Claire.

"You guys are just searching blindly! We need to solve this riddle or you'll never find the cave or the spell!" said Jovie furiously while looking at Hera.

"Fine," said Hera. She took a deep breath and sat beside Jovie and Claire. They put their brains together to solve the riddle.

"We need wisdom to find that cave," said Jovie.

"What does it mean run from the start?" said Hera.

"Fear they might fall right to the end?" said Claire.

"I've been figuring that out for a while. I think this means, once you start, you will fall right to the end really quickly," said Jovie. She pointed at one of the lines and said, "Look, it says the process of quick, people don't notice me. It means in the process from the start to the end, we must be observant." She continued, "We must be brave somehow as it says they only focus on their fear and don't dare to look."

"Right under your nose?" said Claire.

"It means the cave is near," said Hera looking around about to stand up but Jovie pulled her back down.

"But how do you explain go with the flow and what does it mean by people run from the start?" said Jovie.

"Well, the last instruction led us here. So maybe the riddle has something to do with something around here?" said Hera.

"But all we've found were hocus crocus, lakes and a river," said Claire.

"Go with the flow," Jovie said under her breath. They looked at her.
She stood up and walked towards the river. She pointed at the river and looked at them. "Go with the flow means follow the flow of the river!" said Jovie.

Hera and Claire looked at her understanding. The three of them followed the flow of the river and reached a slope with rocks and a straight fall downwards. Water was rushing down really fast. It was a waterfall. Instantaneously, they understood. People run from the start of the waterfall as they fear of falling right to the end of it. Falling from a waterfall is quick and people only focus on their fear. They don't dare to look and missed the cave. So close yet so far, the cave is right under their nose. The cave was behind the waterfall.