Chapter Fifteen

Petal

Petal

Petal was struggling hard to put her hair into an elegant style. Her hair was so thick and long that it was really tough to manage. Before she could finish doing her hair, the doorbell rang. She quickly put her hair into a messy bun and rushed towards the door. She opened the door. There was this tall and pretty looking woman waiting outside.

Petal welcomed her inside, "Please come in miss, sorry for making you wait" Dahlia walked inside her brother' mansion. She turned to the small girl who welcomed her instead of Diana.

"And who might you be?", she asked eyeing Petal from head to toe. Petal was small compared to her but she was a human nonetheless. Her brother never brings humans into his house. Petal didn't know what to say to the miss. Alpha Denver was her guardian but could she really tell her that?
"I am Petal, nice to meet you miss" Petal replied offering her hand forward for a handshake. Dahlia looked at her hand in disgust and ignored the smile she offered.

"I didn't ask for your name, what are you doing in my brother' home? my brother never brings humans in the house" she spat glaring at Petal. Petal' heart dropped hearing the miss.

"I am just a maid miss", Petal said looking down.

"What happened to Diana?", Dahlia questioned.

"I don't know miss", Petal muttered. Dahlia didn't ask her anything further went to the guest room where she always stays. Upon entering the room she noticed the fresh flowers in a corner, her blood boiled. Flashbacks of what happened to her made her anger rise. She grabbed the flowers and threw them on the floor.

Petal felt so sad. The miss didn't like her. She didn't even smile at her or acknowledge her. She decided to set the table for lunch. She put all the delicious dishes on the table. The miss will surely become happy after eating. She went towards the guest room and knocked.

When the miss allowed her to go in, she went in "Miss I've set the table, please come down to have lunch"

"I won't touch the food made by a human, now get out of my room and take those filthy flowers with you", Dahlia growled at her. Petal noticed the flowers on the floor and took them with her. She cut some fruits, took a can of yoghurt and poured some juice in a glass. She again went to Dahlia' room and knocked.

This time Dahlia was pissed and wanted to slap her, "What the fuck is your problem girl, I swear...", she didn't finish her sentence when she noticed Petal with a tray in her hand.

"Miss, I am sorry, since you won't eat anything that I cooked please have these fruits, I promise I won't bother you anymore" Dahlia' eyes softened looking at the small girl before her but she quickly composed herself. She won't let these humans fool her again. She took the tray from Petal and shut the door on her face. Fresh fruits and yoghurt are not bad for lunch. After finishing the fruits Dahlia decided to call her brother and scold him for an earful. Did he not know how much she hates humans?