Chapter Two

It was another chilly morning, the same routine, making breakfast for the pack members, doing the chores and then going to work

It was another chilly morning, the same routine, making breakfast for the pack members, doing the chores and then going to work. Petal and Roxy worked at the local coffee shop Dark Heart Coffee Bar to support themselves. Alpha Raphael didn't provide Petal with clothes, toiletries and other necessary things once she turned fourteen and was old enough to work. Since then Petal had been working at Dark Heart Coffee bar. People at the cafe adored petal, specially the owner Jackson. Petal was beautiful and kind, perfect for a waitress. The pack members only had breakfast and dinner at the pack house so Petal and Roxy had enough time to work outside. The coffee bar was not that busy today. Petal had been helping the barista with coffee decorations when Roxy asked her to take an order. As Petal approached the table she saw a man's back in a crisp navy blue suit, from the back he seemed tall, brooding and muscular too. The tall and strong man scared petal and Roxy knew that. The men that killed Petal's father were tall, strong and petal couldn't stop them from hurting her father. She was scared, the image of her father's lifeless body flashed in her mind, she quickly thought about happy moments, She can't cry, not now, not because of this tall, brooding guy.

Petal asked in a meek voice, "Hi sir, welcome to Dark heart coffee bar, what can I get you?"

She tried hard not to shutter and make sure her voice wasn't trembling. The man didn't reply instantly, and petal thought the worst, was he going to yell at her? Petal was about to ask again but the man said he wanted a black coffee, no sugar, no cream just plain black coffee. Petal's heart was doing flips after hearing that cold voice. She was afraid to make him angry so she just brought him his coffee, her hands were shaking, she quickly muttered a quiet 'enjoy' and scurried away. Never did once she went ahead and looked at his face. On the other hand, Alpha Denver saw her smile on the shiny black glass table when she approached him. That smile soon vanished when she noticed his back. Was she scared of him already? That made him clench his fists. Oh how soon that smile would turn into tears. For a moment he forgot that he had to order, coming back to reality he ordered his black coffee, the bitter taste matching his mood. He saw how Petal practically ran away after placing his order and never once looked at his face. Scared little puppy he thought.

              →♡←

Alpha Denver hated Denver, he was named after that city but he hated it. He didn't understand why his mother named him Denver. He once ruled this whole place and that was long ago. He didn't want to come here but he had to come here in Loveland to get that little human girl, filthy human girl. She was so short, actually, everyone was shorter than him with his inhuman height. From what he gathered about her is that her life revolved around Loveland. Dark Heart cafe, Loveland dance academy, Loveland public library and the local church were the places she's ever been. She never went out of Loveland let alone Colorado. She dances, he thought. Maybe he would ask her to strip for him when he gets her all for himself. He hated how innocent she looked and that made him want to punish her more. She had to pay for her father's mistake, her father was a monster and she shouldn't have been kind, innocent, good, pure. But that doesn't matter anymore, Denver had come this far for his revenge and now he will accomplish his task. The plan was simple, take Petals guardianship from alpha Raphael and then take Petal away with him to England and then he would......do things to her........well he would hurt her, torture her and that will bring him peace.

      →♡←

Denver was having a conversation with Raphael about Petal in his hotel suite. He could tell that Raphael didn't like her much and was glad to sign away her guardianship to him, the king, the cruel king. But Denver had offered him a good amount of money and a hand in the pack business knowing the crisis his pack was having. After all, he was their king taking care of them was his duty, he was born for that. Suddenly alpha

Raphael was thinking for a moment and asked, "May I know why do you want her guardianship?"

Alpha Denver wasn't expecting that question and he didn't want to answer so he just said, "I pity her."

Raphael just smiled and said, "I don't know why you want her but I should tell you this, Petal thinks her mother was a human but that's not true. Her mother was a fae. Her grandma was a human and Petal got that human gene. Since her mother was a fae she has a few fae traits in her blood. That is the reason she looks innocent and fragile and for the short height, she is her mother's carbon copy. She would never hurt anyone intentionally and she never misses to find something good in everyone."

"Then why don't you like her?", asked Alpha Denver.

"Because of her my best friend is dead and my mate died taking care of her, I promised my friend that I will take care of his daughter until she is old enough. But you're the king of supernaturals and I think you will take better care of her than me, nobody likes her here except my son. Everyone thinks she is just an extra mouth to feed not that they will say it on her face. That's why I am giving her to you, not because I don't like her."

Denver didn't believe the reason Raphael gave him but he didn't push the matter further and said, "of course, I'll take good care of her, she seems to be a sweet girl and she deserves a good life." Of course, she was sweet, he was thinking about draining her dry, her blood smelled so good at the cafe and he haven't drank for so long. But he wouldn't drain her dry so soon. He will torture her, give her the pain that his father gave his mate and ever so slowly he will take her sweet, delicious blood.

 He will torture her, give her the pain that his father gave his mate and ever so slowly he will take her sweet, delicious blood

please vote and comment. love you 💟