Chapter Eighteen

Some people don't need many things in life to be happy and Petal was one of those people

Some people don't need many things in life to be happy and Petal was one of those people. She was someone who would find happiness in flowers, little birds and in of course fruits. She never really wanted much, maybe that's the reason she was grateful to Alpha Raphael. At least she didn't end up in an orphanage or worst foster care. Petal was putting her out in the kitchen. She loved surprises, especially the ones when Roxy would surprise her with ice cream. She wanted to impress the guests. She made Balti Curry, Fish & Chips, Shepherds Pie, Roasted lemon chicken, Spaghetti Bolognese, Italian Salad and Cesar Salad. For dessert, she made a peach pie. She made some mashed potatoes to eat with the curry. Dahlia returned home in the afternoon and she was surprised to see Petal cook so many dishes so perfectly.

"Smells so good, this kitchen became lovely with your presence", Dahlia said as she entered the kitchen.

Petal looked behind her, "You are back miss". Dahlia looked at Petal and laughed. Petal was a mess of flour and sauces.

"You look so cute Petal, you are adorable", Dahlia said while squashing Petal's cheeks.
It was unusual for Dahlia to touch a human. But with Petal is impossible. Who could resist her cuteness?

"Some guests are coming today, do you know who are coming miss?" Petal asked Dahlia. Dahlia scoffed, "Don't call me miss, call me Dahlia and I don't know who is coming. Could be Den's business partners" with that Dahlia went upstairs to her room. Petal finished everything up and decided to freshen up. She had to dress appropriately for the dinner. She put on jeans and the same old white sweater. She decided to read a book until dinner. Petal was so engrossed in reading that she didn't notice the time passing by. Dahlia came to the library and spotted Petal on the couch.

"Hey what are you reading?" Dahlia asked Petal taking a seat on the couch.

"Just a book about flowers, their scents and uses", Petal answered while closing the book.

"Come down, Den and uncle Demy are here", saying that Dahlia dragged Petal down with her. When they reached downstairs Petal noticed a tall man standing with alpha Denver. Dahlia rushed towards the man and hugged him, "Uncle Demy, I've missed you".

The man hugged Dahlia back, "I've missed you too little flower".

The scene before Petal reminded her of her papa, her papa would also call her little flower. Petal couldn't stop the tears in her eyes. The man 'uncle Demy' looked at her and she wiped her eyes.

"Who is she?", he asked.

Denver scoffed, "She is none of your business, Demious" he snapped at the man.

Petal just stood there awkwardly, she didn't belong in their family drama. "He name is Petal, she is an amazing cook", Dahlia replied. The man approached Petal and Petal took a step back. This man looked familiar.

"Hi Petal, I am Demious, you can call me uncle Demy like Dahlia does, nice to meet you" Demious forwarded his hand for a shake. Petal looked at the hand and put her small palm forward,