Chapter Forty Eight

Denver froze, there was pin drop silence, none spoke, no one dared to

Denver froze, there was pin drop silence, none spoke, no one dared to. Denver again smashed a vase.

"Why is Ama here now? She is gone! She is fucking gone! I don't need Ama right now, bring me my Petal back"

Douglas nodded at Dakota, Dakota understood and went outside. He returned with Ama, the woman could  barely walk, moon was helping her and she held a cane for support. Looking at the mess inside, Ama started chanting something.

"Why are you here! Go away!"

Ama whispered under her breath and walked towards Denver. Moon was shaking, but she knew her grandma will have everything under control. Ama put her shaking hand on Denver, and just like a switch, he went off. He slumped on the floor.

"Take the boy to his room" Ama said and gestured towards Denver.

"I have told gradma everything, she is here to help", Moon said as Douglas and Dakota dragged Denver upstairs.

"Where is Esmae?",  Ama asked. Esmae and Ama have been friends for a long time. They were so much alike. The only difference is Ama aged with time while Esmae didn’t.

"Oh Ama!  Why is this happening to my family", Esmar cried out as she hugged her friend.

"Don't cry I am here now, I'll do what I can to make everything okay"

"I hope you can help us. As you saw earlier, Denver is going insane for a girl. Oh she's a sweet girl, and she's carrying pups. But for some reason Denver hurt her and she ran away, someone helped her to run. But we don't understand why would Denver act this way for a human girl", Esmae told Ama.

"What do you mean by hurt her?", Ama asks and the room goes silent.

"Well?"

"Grandma the girl just turned seventeen a few months ago, Denver had her for almost a year, he became her legal guardian just to have her with him", Moon replied.

"Seventeen you say? And pregnant? What was Denver thinking while putting his pup in a human girl, that too underage.", Ama almost shouted.

Douglas didn’t want his son to be seen more of a monster than he already was.

"The pups are not his", Douglas said.

"The way he was acting earlier, I am finding it hard to believe the pups were not his"

Everyone was silent again. Until Douglas decided to speak up again,

"I don't want my boy to get in any trouble. Moon Goddess has played with him enough. Making him cursed, not giving him a mate, then giving him one and taking her away that too in the most horrible way, it's all too harsh, please fix this.Sure he has his flaws but my boy deserves everything he has today, he had worked hard for all that and made sacrifices none can't."