Chapter Thirty Five

When the sun rose, and the madness wore off, Denver didn’t quite remember sleeping with anyone

When the sun rose, and the madness wore off, Denver didn’t quite remember sleeping with anyone. He never remembered his actions during full moons, just some flashes here and there. So when he woke up ans stretched out, he didn’t expect to hear a small whimper. When he looked at the source, a small curled up figure came into view. The Petal was, shivering and whimpering in the other other corner of the bed. Denver pulled the comforter off her body. Petal was covered in bruises, bite marks. The big patch of red just beside her confirmed Denver's suspicions. When Denver went to touch her, she was burning up and it wasn’t normal fever. Denver quickly went to the bathroom grabbed a towel  and dipped it in warm water. He cleaned Petal up, and by the time he was finished the towel was all red. He dressed Petal in his warm clothing, changed the sheets and decided to call Dahlia, she would know what to do.

"Lia, where are you?"

"I'm in my home Den, why are you calling me in this time? You should be in office attending meetings"

"I messed up a big time, can you come to my house fast?"

"What did you do Den! Is Petal okay?"

"I___don't know, just come over and don't say anything to Alaric"

"I am on my way"

Dahlia reached the mansion half an hour later. She was nervous. Yesterday they all had forgotten about the full moon after the incidents. Her brother had been alone with Petal, the whole night. She could only imagine what have happened. Petals pale and lifeless image was haunting her mind. Oh lord save the poor girl! Dahlia would never be able to forgive herself if something happened to Petal.

"Den where are you?", Dahlia called out.

"In my room Lia"

Dahlia slowly approached Denver's room. She was afraid that she would see something haunting. She opened the door and went inside. The image in front of her wasn’t haunting at all. Petal was curled up in Denver's lap, wearing his hoodie.

"Lia I did something last night__"

"What did you do?", before Denver could even finish Dahlia cut in.

" I think __ I might have had__ I might have had sex with her and now she's burning, she isn’t waking up"

"You what?!", Dahlia shouted.

"You do understand that she's is a human and only seventeen. Having sex with her on a full moon isn’t something you should be doing", Dahlia scolded.

"I know fuck, I couldn’t control myself. One moment we are having hot chocolate and then she says that she is burning up, I swear on Hades Lia I didn’t force her. But maybe I was so lost that I might have hurt her but you know me I will never force a little girl", Denver spoke out of his heart. He knew Dahlia would never judge him. She knew him better than anyone in the family.