Chapter Forty Nine

Petal got to know that Rose was a belly dancer, Rose had a small dance academy where she taught young girls and performed with them in local events

Petal got to know that Rose was a belly dancer, Rose had a small dance academy where she taught young girls and performed with them in local events. Rose took great care of Petal, just like a mother would. Petal was six months pregnant now, daily life was harder because she was having two wolf babies. Petal always worried about her babies, if they were okay or not. Rose assured her that her babies were okay and, they are growing just fine. Her being human doesn’t affect the babies, in fact they have their father's strong hybrid jenes. Rose never asked Petal anything, she just knew. Petal felt like she has seen Rose's eyes before but she couldn’t point out where.

Petal wanted to help Rose in anyway she could, but it was hard to move around let alone work. Her babies were draining her energy just like their father used to. Petal became good friends with one of Rose's students, Milly. Milly brought Petal chocolates and muffins, sometimes stayed with her when Rose was out town for events and cooked food for Petal. Right now they were watching Wednesday, as Milly wanted.

"Wednesday is so cool!", Milly gushed.

"Yes, she is", Petal said rubbing her belly. And she felt her baby move.

"I think the baby just kicked Milly"

"Ha, what?", Milly said engrossed in the TV show.

"The babies, they are kicking!"

"Oh my good really! Let me feel", Milly jumped to Petal and touched her baby bump, and the felt the kicks.

"Wow! Seems like your babies love Wednesday too!", Milly said and Petal laughed.

"I bet their father did spooky stuff that's why they're kicking now", Milly and Petal's smile fell.

"Oh shit sorry!", Milly said looking guilty. Milly knew Petal didn’t like talking about the father of her babies. But she didn’t know why.

"It's okay, don't be sorry", Petal whispered.

"You want to talk about it? You know, you should, get all those feelings out of your chest",

"I can't Millie, I was a naive orphan and everyone around me just took advantage of me, of my innocence, everyone just wanted something from me, and when I couldn’t give anything anymore I became useless", Petal cried. Why was it so hard for everyone to love her?

"Hey don't cry please, no one loved me too until Rose did, she loves you a lot and I love you too that's what matters the most", Millie said and hugged Petal. Petal sniffed and wiped her tears.

Rose came home tired and exhausted, she saw Petal and Millie eating sandwich and watching TV.

"You're are making Petal just like you Millie", Rose said as she approached them.

"Yes, and I want the little ones to be like me"

"Oh they're far from being like you Millie, I can just feel how strong they are going to be"