Chapter Forty Three

Petal screamed and Grandma panicked looking at her.

"What happened!!"

"My heart, it hurts", Petal cried.

"Don't panic child It's not good for the babies. We're here can you walk on your own?", grandma Esmae asked helping Petal down.

Petal didn't reply as she ran into the mansion, not caring about anything. The scene in front of her made her heart clench. Her abuser was dying..... His own brother was pushing the knife in his heart.

Petal looked at Dex and screamed, "Stop!"

"No Petal let me kill this bastard and end this for now and forever", Dex replied.

"God will punish him for his doings Dex, don't put the sin on your shoulder", Petal said trying get closer.

"You still gonna save him? He abused you!"

"Yes, he abused me Dex not you, you don't get to decide his punishment"

"I don't care about that, he killed my grandpa, snatched my mom. I should kill him"

"Killing him  is not a solution, karma is better than revenge Dex"

"I am not like you Petal, I can't wait for karma when I can have my revenge"

There was madness dancing in his eyes, He looked lethal.

"Don't let his blood coat your hands Dex, if you ever considered me your friend you'll let him go and leave. Don't make me hate you more", Petal cried.

Dex looked at Denver and then Petal. Denver was unable to say anything as he was about to lose consciousness. Petal was clutching her heart and crying. Grandma Esmae was looking at him with hatred.

Dex didn't twist the knife, his hands shook as he looked at Petal in the eyes. Realization hit him hard. He couldn't bring himself to kill Denver and put Petal in pain for the rest of her life. He got up, wiped his eyes and jumped out of the window without uttering a word.

Petal and grandma rushed towards Denver. He had lost so much blood, he looked pale.

"He didn't twist the knife, we can save him", Grandma Esmae said, contracting someone with mind link. Petal took off her jacket and wrapped it around Denver's chest to stop the bleeding. She was scared about the situation. She didn't want him to die. As much as he hates her, tortures her, he takes care of others. He keeps everything under control and manages the council. Moreover, him dying will put Dex in a very bad situation. She didn't want that. Dex was impulsive and took rash decisions.

Soon Rachel, Douglas and Demious came in along with Dakota and Ric. But Shanon was nowhere in sight.

"What the fuck happened here grandma?", Dakota asked. He had never seen his brother this miserable. Sure Denver was shot and tortured, but nothing compared to this. He looked almost dead.