Chapter Forty Six

Denver and Esmae rushed towards the scream

Denver and Esmae rushed towards the scream. Petal was lying in the fetal position and clutching her stomach while blood gushed out of her.

"Oh lord, This isn't good", Esmae rushed towards Petal. She opened her locket and pulled something out.

"Come on shallow it."

"Grandma___my babies__it hurts", Petal cried.

"Nothing will happen to your babies, you hear me nothing will happen to them, now get up"

Denver stood outside, his mind working on how to help Petal. He couldn't believe that it was happening. Petal okay just a few minutes ago.

"Denver get some clothes for her"

Denver woke up from his daze and got some clothes.

"Is she okay?"

"The bleeding stopped but she can barely stand, call Dr Nelson", Esmae replied.

Denver called Dr Nelson and waited for Petal to come outside. But was taking too long.

"Denver, come here", Grandma shouted. Denver went into the bathroom and there Petal was clutching her stomach and leaning on grandma, barely conscious.

"Help her on the bed please.", grandma Esmae had sweat on her forehead.

Denver picked Petal up and rushed her to the bed. She was almost limp in his arms.

"Dr Nelsom will be here in a minute"

Denver paced around the room. Is Petal okay? What about her babies? Why did she bleed? The questions roamed in his head. Dr Nelson arrived a few moments later.

"I thought something happened to Dahlia, I came as fast as I could.", Dr Nelson said entering the room.

"Something happened to Petal, she bled, a lot, please check if she is okay."

Dr Nelson checked, she looked at her pulse, her heartbeat, her eyes and her mouth. The colour of her tongue frightened her. Terrified she checked her stomach.

"Is she okay Amelia? I gave her the pill as soon as I saw her", Esmae replied. Petal would be devastated if something happened to her babies.

"From the colour of her tongue, I can tell someone gave her wolfsbane, made her eat it, and since her babies are wolves the wolfsbane reacted, and she bled, the babies are okay though, your pill worked like an antidote. But she needs rest and lots of food because she lost too much blood."

Denver and Esmae were stunned, who could possibly give Petal wolfsbane? There was no one in the house, only Petal and him then who?

"Did you do this Denver? To get rid of her children because you're obsessed with her?", Esmae accused. Denver was stunned. Does she think he would do something like that? As heartless he was he wouldn't do that to Petal. He knew what those babies meant to her.