Chapter Thirty Two

The next few days Petal avoided Denver and Denver always found a way to bring Petal close to him

The next few days Petal avoided Denver and Denver always found a way to bring Petal close to him. Petal was still horrified of the events that took place. Denver was cruel, but she didn't know he was this much cruel. Petal didn't step outside of the house and Tyson didn't ask her anything. Because Tyson kind of had an idea. Petal was helpless and terrified. Denver had so much power, he can easily kill her. Even if Petal ran he would hunt her down. There was no escape. Dahlia moved out the moment Alaric healed. She didn't want to see her brother for sometime and that left Petal all alone in Denver's mercy. Though he didn't bother her much, he was getting a little more touchy.....he would kiss her forehead before leaving. He would hug her, fondle her, touch her intimately more often. And Petal tried so much to ignore the butterflies inside her stomach. Dahlia had told her about Denver's interest in her. Although naive Petal felt desirable that someone wanted her. But Denver didn't love her, he wasn't her prince charming, he in fact crushed her spirit, robbed her dreams and tortured her mentally. At least he didn't backhand her or hit her with a cane. Denver wanted to know what Petal has been hiding from him. It wasn't only about Dex, it was about Petal's father. Petal saw her father getting killed by tall men.

 Petal saw her father getting killed by tall men

She saw everything, but she never told anyone what happened that night. There was a lady with those men. When Petal's papa asked her to hide in the shoe closet and not to come out whatever happens, she did as she was told. She felt helpless and hated herself that she couldn't save her papa. She wasn't a wolf, she couldn't mindlink, she couldn't scream for help. She watched and weeped as they beat her father and slit his throat. Her father was strong but there were four of them and her father was outnumbered. After everyone left, Petal crawled to her father, he still had some breadth left.

"Oh papa!", Petal wailed and clutched her father's hand. Soon her pink princess dress was covered in his blood.

"Listen Petal, I...I don't have much time left... you are very special don't let anyone make you think otherwise", he coughed out blood. He managed to take of his cross locket and handed it to Petal.

"Papa will always be with you", with that he took his last breadth. Petal let out a loud cry as she watched her father to take his last breadth.