Chapter Twenty One

Petal spent most of her small life trying to impress others

Petal spent most of her small life trying to impress others. The eight-year-old girl in her looked for love desperately. She thought if she did what she was told then everyone will love her. People who loved her didn't last long in the world. First, it was her father and then luna Catherine. Alaric and Roxy loved her too but it looked like pity more than love. They had their own problems to deal with. Moreover, Alaric was a pack leader and Roxy had a lot on her plate. So the love, the appreciation she wished for never came. Alpha Denver said he will buy her clothes if she behaves. So she is going to be a good girl, do what she is told. She spent her whole day cleaning, polishing, dusting around the house. She cooked a delicious dinner for Denver, and she will not flinch today while alpha Denver drinks from her. He is wasting his money on her the least she can do is let him drink peacefully. She wore her favourite skirt and a top that showed her neck. She braided her hair to the side. Her hair shouldn't get in the way when alpha Denver is drinking from her. She decided to read a book and wait for Denver. Dahlia had some business in the city so Petal was all alone or so she thought. Someone was watching her closely, like a predator and she was the helpless prey.

 Someone was watching her closely, like a predator and she was the helpless prey

There was a tall shadow looming outside Denver's palace. This person is strong, strong enough to break the spell surrounding the palace. Denver never installed security because he trusted the spells his mate had put around the area. But that didn't turn out well so Denver assigned strong warriors to guard the area.