Chapter Forty One

Petal got to work after Denver left

Petal got to work after Denver left. Working is the only thing she can think of to take her mind away from her misery. Sometimes she talks with Tyson. Tyson is the only one who isn’t too busy for her. She cooked carefully, covering her nose when the smell made her stomach churn. She cooked greek and italian, to please both sides of the family. Her nerves were jumbled, she wanted them to like her cooking.

As said, Denver arrived in the evening with his family. He picked them up from the airport.
Dahlia ran to her mother Rachel, and to her father Douglas, to hug them. She greeted her grandma and kissed her hands. It was evident that Dahlia was the princess of the family. Dakota and Ric were there too. Dakota hugged his parents.

"Mom this is my mate Alaric, dad be nice to him", Dahlia said looking at her dad who was boring holes at Ric.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to be a part of the royal family", Ric said and kissed Rachel's hand. Then he kissed grandma Esmae's hand too.

"Oh what a charming boy! I already love him Lia", grandma Esmae gushed. Ric blushed hearing grandma.

"So you got my daughter pregnant? She wasn’t supposed to have a baby untill she turned 35", Douglas said making Ric panic.

"I am sorry___sir", Ric blabbered.

"Relax, I was just testing you, how are you going to protect my princess if you are this scared", Douglas laughed.

"Where is your mate Dakota?", grandma Esmae asked.

"Uh___um she is a little sick but she will be here tomorrow", Dakota said rubbing the back of his neck.

Demious arrived with Dex and greeted everyone.

"Ma this is my boy, Dexter", Demious introduced Dexter to Esmae.

"He is so handsome, what about your mate Demi?"

"Let's not talk about her now Ma", Demious said, his mate is a sore topic for the family.

"Moon goddess had to play her tricks with our family, first Douglas had to get a vampire mate, then you got a that huntress for a mate and Denver got a witch. But at least Rachel is good unlike those two", Esmae grumbled. She never liked Vanessa, not even a little.

"Come on mom, dad freshen up. Γιαγιά [grandma] you too, dinner is waiting", Denver said.

Petal stood in the corner and watched everything. Denver's family was pretty. His mother and father didn’t look like they were any older than forty. Denver was the exact copy of his father. Even the dark hair with white strip is also from his father. His gradma looked like a typical loving grandma. Petal envied Dahlia for having such a lovely family. Everyone loved her so much. This what families looked like. Petal dreamed of a little family of her own too. Maybe one day.....

 Maybe one day