Attachment

Memories from the previous night ran through my head while I stared at myself in the mirror.

I traced a finger across the love bruises that traveled from my neck to my breasts.

There was a dull ache in between my legs.

I wasn't regretting it, but no one had ever treated me as roughly as Rowan did.

I loved it.

I grabbed my towel from the sink and wrapped it around my body.

As I walked out of the bathroom, I heard shouting from downstairs.

Curious to know what was going on, I opened my door and walked down.

The voices had turned into hushed shouts.

I was supposing, their conversation was not for me to hear.

I recognized the familiar voices as I creeped to the lower steps and sat down.

Leaning past the railing, I saw the three siblings and Colton.

"She's been through enough," I heard Colton whispering.

Rowan groaned. He sounded annoyed. "Listen, I'm glad that you've been here for her. I just need you to do that a little longer."

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. He was leaving again?

What was last night for him if he was just going to leave again?

"You should have stayed away, Rowan," I heard Colton argue back. "She was doing fine. She wasn't cutting herself and-"

"What?" I heard all three of the siblings yell.

If they were trying to keep me from hearing upstairs, they weren't doing a good job.

Colton sighed.

"She was depressed for awhile after you left," he spoke. "I tried to do everything I could to cheer her up, but you know the saying about what happens behind closed doors."

"You can't leave Scarlett again, brother," I heard Cassius deep voice attempting to be quiet.

"I don't have a choice," he replied.

"You chose to be here now, you can choose to stay. At least until you know she can handle being away from you again."

There was a long silence.

"One day," Rowan finally said, causing my heart to beat out of my chest.

"We killed the main guys," Cassius said.

"But, you do have to worry about the mobs that think they are new 'Terrance' of Spain," I heard Cassia's accented voice mumble.

"Finally, someone on my side."

I rolled my eyes at Rowan's words.

"I do find it odd that they were targeted and eliminated with ease," Cassia responded.

"I could punch you right now," Colton responded.

"Oh, do try," she responded, trying her best mock impression of him.

"Oh, do try," Colton mimicked.

"Children," Cassius spoke up in irritation.

"I will stay here today," Rowan spoke up.

"What are you afraid of, Rowan?" Colton asked.

"I'm not afraid of anything," he responded in a voice so cold, it sent shivers down my spine.