"Obsession of Mine"

"Let me go," I begged weakly.

I was never much of a strong-spirited girl. I went where the wind blew. I never tried to fight against it. If it was my time, it was my time.

"Why did you run, Scarlett?" Rowan asked me.

His voice sounded genuinely confused.

I still felt the gun pressed into my back, and I gripped the doorknob.

"I was scared," I replied quietly, squeezing my eyes shut.

And I'm still scared, I thought.

He turned me around. My back slammed against the door causing me to wince. Silence filled the house and I could literally hear Rowan's heartbeat. Totally calm; the opposite of mine.

"You've become an obsession of mine."

His words made me freeze.

Obsession?

"Do you do this," I paused and did a hand gesture to show him the situation we were in. The situation he put me in. "To all of your obsessions?"

He smiled. "You are my only obsession."

"You're insane," I spat in his face. His smile faded and I stood there, stunned for a while. I used that to my advantage. I screamed and pushed him back.

He stumbled back further than I thought, so I used our distance as an opportunity to haul ass out of the door.

Fumbling with my keys, I tried to unlock the car door. I heard the click and swung the door open before getting in and locking the doors.

I plugged my key into ignition before hearing a loud bang on my window. I screamed as Rowan's angry face came into view. I pulled my stick into reverse and flew out of the garage before speeding down the road.

My car started making noises telling me that I didn't have my seatbelt buckled. "Screw it," I said, fastening my seat belt in.

The roads were quiet and I looked in the rear view mirror to see that no one was behind me. I narrowed my eyes, still looking in the rear view mirror. There was no one.

Where was he?

A horn blared and I looked up, only to be blinded by bright, white headlights.

The loud honk drowned out the sound of everything else as I swerved my car to avoid the bright lights. The driver swerved in the same direction as me and ran into the front of my car.

I felt the airbag hit me in the face and everything went black.

Faint sounds of police sirens rang in the dark atmosphere before all five of my senses were completely gone.

~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~•~~~
Hi loves! Think of this as an apology chapter for drawing you in and then hanging you dry. I'm sorry. A little. I've occupied myself by watching Stranger Things. But now I'm back!

Vote, comment, and continue to show love and I promise I'll never leave you hanging again.
Another update will be later today or tomorrow. This was a filler. I hope I did it right.

~djdiamondmind1738♥️♥️♥️♥️

P.S thanks for everything!

Edited: December 5, 2021 @ 9:46PM