Rowan Traian

"You sure you're okay?"

"And you knew this whole time?" I asked, ignoring his question.

He shook his head. "I had no idea."

I could tell he was deep in thought as we waited for the gates to open.

I felt my heartbeat quicken as I noticed certain room lights where on in the mansion. "What do I tell him?" I asked as he sped down the driveway.

He shrugged his shoulders. "The truth."

I looked at him in surprise. "He'll kill him," I nearly shouted.

He looked at me with a nonchalant expression. "It's either him or the investigator."
He parked the car directly in front of the house.

Colton was probably wanting to know what was so sad about someone watching Rowan. I couldn't tell him about the Sanatorium.

The tape kept playing in my head, and I opened my door and coughed before throwing up in the middle of the driveway.

I felt my hair being pulled out of face, and I groaned as the foul taste of bile filled my mouth.

"Are you pregnant?" I heard Colton ask me.

I shook my head, wiping my mouth with my robe sleeve. Again. "I just don't feel good."

I stepped over the pile of bile and grabbed my duffel bag from Colton.

"He isn't here right now. You actually just missed him," Colton started. "I think he had some work to finish up at the office," he finished, unlocking the door.

We stepped into the house and I was automatically hit with the smell of him.

He must've just left.

I felt my eyes water again as I walked around the empty area.

Feeling pain in my head, I groaned and closed my eyes.

"Scarlett," I heard a far away voice say.

I opened my eyes to see another version of me running down the stairs.

It was like the fading remains of a ghost.

It felt like everything was in slow motion.

I had on white dress with a red stain on my stomach. My hand covered my stomach.

Blood?

My hair was swinging down my back as I ran.

I backed away because it appeared that she was going to plummet right into me.

Fear was on her face.

I could hear faint screaming in the back ground, and I stepped out of the way as I ran past me.

"Run."

When she opened her mouth, it sounded like a banshee's cry.

I cried in pain as I covered my ears.

She ran out the door and when I turned around to go after her, she wasn't there.

"Scarlett," a calm voice called out to me.

When I opened my eyes, I was still standing there. Colton was holding my hands with a look of worry on his face.

"You kind of spaced out there," he said.

I snatched my hands away from him and cleared my throat. "Thanks for being there for me," I replied, grabbing my duffel bag from the floor.

What the hell did I just see?