La Dracu, Fute

"Did you know that you had a weak heart?" Santee asked me as we walked out of the nurse's office in Rowan's building.

I shook my head. "No. All these years, I thought it was just really bad panic attacks which I often had as a child," I responded.

"Nurse Janet said that your heartbeats are irregular," he said.

"Oh," was all I could say.

"Under stress, it's harder for blood to pump, so you get lightheaded and dizzy. You start to hyperventilate which makes it even harder to breathe."

I was silent for several minutes as I thought over his words.

I didn't know what to say to that. Probably because I've never been under this amount of stress.

"Would you like to finish the questions?" I asked him as we walked around.

He chuckled. "Of course."

I'd been hanging out with Santee for at least two hours. One hour we were eating and talking, and another hour we were in the nurse's office. He had been with me the whole time.

For that, I thanked him and we continued talking.

"White really is a beautiful color on you," he told me.

I took time to actually like my outfit. It was a simple white pantsuit with a black lacy camisole shirt under the blazer I wore over my shoulders instead of actually wearing.
I had on black pointed toe heels. I even had red lipstick to give my face a pop.

I smiled. "Thank you. Rowan bought it for me."

It was silent for several more seconds. I figured he didn't appreciate my answer.

"So are you two dating or really good friends?" he asked me.

I shrugged. I didn't know. I decided to go with what he has been telling people. "We're just friends."

"So you're single," he said in the same voice from earlier.

I nodded.

"How long have you been here?" he asked me.

"Um, a little over a month," my tone came out questioning. I'd actually lost track of time.

"You don't seem so sure," he said with a chuckle.

"It's because I'm not."

He looked at me with confusion.

I decided to tell the partial truth. "I've been staying with Rowan."

Shock filled his face and sadness soon took over. "So you are together?"

I shook my head. "No, we're just friends. It's-it's complicated."

He nodded. "Would you like to join me for dinner tonight?" he asked me.

I smiled at him. "Yes, I would love that," I told him.

His phone rung. "I have to take this."

I nodded and waited until he was done. "Rowan is done with his meetings," he said, shoving his phone in his pocket. "He wants you to come up to his office."

"OK."

He showed me to the elevator and began speaking once the doors closed. "I didn't even do my job."

I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I was supposed to be showing you the city."

I noticed there were twenty-three floors. "I still had fun," I said.