One Step, Two

I woke up to the sound of light snoring.

What?

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, getting used to the feeling of light.

Slight movement happened so I turned over. My eyes widened as I looked at a sleeping Rowan.

More like sleeping beauty, I thought before mentally smacking myself. I can't be having those thoughts if I want to leave.

But you can't deny the beauty of a sleeping devil.

He was shirtless, of course. His tousled hair fell over his face. I watched his chest rise and fall as he breathe. The sun came through his huge windows which made his tanned skin glow.

He looked peaceful while he was asleep. He didn't look like someone who had bodies hanging from a ceiling a few steps down.

I looked around and wondered why he was in here before remembering everything that happened last night.

"I wouldn't be terrible if you didn't kidnap me. You wouldn't even have to worry about my existence if you'd left me alone..."

And then I stormed off. I didn't go down any stairs. I went down a hall and to a random room.

His room.

I felt disgusted. Lying in his bed. A bed he's probably slept with numerous women in. A bed he's probably killed someone and laid in without showering.

Then I had another lightbulb moment. I didn't go to another floor meaning we were still on the "forbidden fourth floor". I was right down the hall from Tori and Professor McGuire.

I looked at Rowan's resting body and moved the covers back slowly.

I leaned forward slightly and turned my back to him as my feet touched the ground.

A grip on my arm caused me to shriek. "Don't move."

My eyes widened and I felt my heartbeat quicken.

I released a shaky breath and looked behind my shoulder to see Rowan looking at me.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked me.

Alarms went off in my head as I panicked to think of an answer. "I-I was going to the bathroom," I managed to get out.

That seemed to be convincing because he loosened his grip on my arm and said "Go on."

I stumbled out of the room and down the hall. When I looked over my shoulder I could hear Rowan's voice. I assumed he was on the phone.

I walked down to the room he led me to yesterday.

The lock was on there.

"Fuck," I muttered under my voice.

I knocked on the door lightly so I wouldn't grab Rowan's attention. There wasn't a sound. "I'm going to get you guys one way or another," I mumbled.

"What're you doing?"

I gasped and jumped back slightly. Rowan glared at me through narrowed eyes.

"So?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I-I was looking for the b-bathroom."
I mentally face palmed myself at that horribly see through lie.