Let's Talk Business

It's been two months.

The weather was still warm which is something I had to get used to. In New Haven, it would be cold in September. In Barcelona, you would think we were hugging the sun.

Santee and I agreed to remain friends, but we were constantly stealing glances every time we saw one another.

Grey was still my favorite color.

Everyday, I was going to work with Rowan. I didn't do anything but sit in his office and watch him work.

He wanted to me to start getting involved in his work, but I still didn't understand what he did.

He told me he ran a multi-branched business. His business included architectural work, oil and gas, airline services, and work in electricity. He even had a few ties with law firms although he wasn't a lawyer.

Now, I understood why he spent so much time away from home.

We were presently n his study at the mansion.
He called me in to get my advice about a partnership he was concerned about.

I wasn't comfortable with giving him advice. Although we worked in the same field, we had different goals which meant we had different experiences. Nevertheless, I figured I could try to help him out as much as possible though.

"What do you know about Ferrovial and Iberdrola?" he asked me as soon as he noticed my presence.

I noticed he was wearing glasses.

He looked smarter and hotter.

I shook away my thoughts as I sat down in the seat in front of his desk and shrugged. "Nothing."

He gave me a straight face and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I told you I don't know anything about Spain," I said.

"But you're smart," he stated. "You're going to Yale."

I laughed. "I mean, I don't know anything about what you're talking about."

He pursed his lips and turned his laptop around to me. "Look."

I leaned in, squinting my eyes at the screen. "A two point eight-hundred-four billion euro company," I comprehended it from what I was comprehending about Iberdrola.

I looked at him. "Your company is worth more than this, so why would you partner with someone who has a lower income than you?" I asked.

"He pulls in a lot of investments," Rowan said pointing to a lot of charts I didn't understand. I pretended to know what he was talking about.

Of course, he saw right through me.

He pointed to the pie chart on the screen. "Blue is the amount of money he's pulled in from investors.

"That's the majority of the pie chart."

"Exactly," he responded. "I bring in a bigger income because I have more company investors since I am multi-branched.

"But you're youngest billionaire of the year," I exclaimed.

He nodded. "Because of the businesses I created from inside my company. My initial share with my family was solely on electricity. All of the telephone poles, wires, and power plants in the country are run by my company. Of course, I compete against others but..."

"So, this is a family business?" I asked.

We never spoke about his family since that night I was in the hospital.