11/7

Have you ever had those moments where you wished you were in the body of another person? Have you ever seen a random couple walking by, and they seemed like they were extremely happy? You stop and think, "Wow, I wish that was me."

Or when you see a dog eating without a care in the world. You stop and think, "Such a carefree creature."

That is how I felt right now. Under the hard stare of Cassia King, I wanted nothing more than to be a dog.

Colton asked her to come by the house to have a serious discussion. We'd been talking about how we were going to break the news without telling her about Rowan's past.

I made sure to tell Colton that neither of the siblings knew. It took him a while to get off of his high horse about being Rowan's confidant. I rolled my eyes as he gloated about being the only other person on this earth to know the truth.

In the end, we agreed to tell Cassia that her brother had one more target on his back. We filled her in on Santee's true identity. Come to find out, she knew him very well. He always treated her with kindness and respect.

For some reason, I felt a pang of jealousy. What if he was using me to get closer to Rowan.

But, he didn't really need me. He was fine before he met me.

Collateral damage?

I hadn't spoken to him since I left his house four months ago. He hadn't tried to reach out or anything.

I'm pretty sure he knew that I knew. After looking in his drawer, I'm sure he realized his documents and sanatorium I.D were missing.

"What if he noticed all of the files I stole," I spoke up, revealing my thoughts.

Colton nodded his head. "I thought about that."

Cassia furrowed her eyebrows together. "You are in just as much danger as he's in."

I looked at her in confusion. "Why?"

"You could be trialed as an accessory to murder."

My stomach churned into knots. I felt sick.

Covering my mouth, I ran into the kitchen. It had the nearest basin. I poured the contents of my breakfast into the can.

My head started pounding.

I walked to the sink and turned on the cold water as Cassia walked in.

I splashed some cold water across my face.

"Are you well?" she asked me, placing the back of her hand against my cheek.

I nodded, placing a hand over my stomach. "Just feeling a little nauseous-what is that smell?" I asked, feeling the need to throw up again.

"It's mititei," she responded with a confused look. "You like mititei."

I nodded, wiping my mouth. "I do, it's just-" I gagged, as I bent over the trash can again.

"Colton, bring me cool towel," she shouted over her shoulder. "Let's get you out of kitchen before you throw guts up over his floor. He will shit rockets," she mumbled, making me laugh.

I plopped down on the couch in the living room and thanked Colton for the cool towel.

"You haven't been sick since you've been in Spain," Colton said, placing a hand on my forehead. "You're not burning up, but you're pale as a ghost."

"When did you last have menstrual?" Cassi asked me.

I closed my eyes trying to remember. If the days added up correctly, it should've come on days ago.