"Are You a Banana?"

It's been two weeks since the run-in with the handsome man at the diner. He obliged my wishes and never came back.

A scary part of me hated to admit that I wished he'd come in at least once more. 

"Can I leave early, Tori?" I asked my friend and boss. "I want to start early on my studying."

"Girl, all you do is study. Go to a party or something!" Tori yelled back.

I chuckled and shook my head before hanging up my apron. Grabbing my purse from the back room, I poked my head into her little office.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Tee!" I yelled just to piss her off.

Since her head was buried in a stack of papers, she didn't see me standing there. "So, no party?" She questioned. 

I laughed and shook my head. "No, no party." 

She 'tsked' and shook her head as well. "Get outta here, kid," she mumbled in a playful yet disappointed tone.

Beaming, I rushed out before she could change her mind.

Even though Tori and I were the same age, she was the older sister mine failed to be. Every morning, she made sure I ate, read a devotion, and wrote in my journal. I'd gotten so used to it only being the two of us that I felt no need to widen my social circle. In this case, it was only a short line with two connected dots.

I unlocked my car from where I was standing and looked in my purse to make sure I had everything.

News flash, I didn't.

"Crap," I muttered as I turned to go back into the diner.

The bell rang on the door and Tori came from the back wiping her hands on her apron. "Changed your mind about the party?" she asked with a smirk. I chuckled and walked behind the counter, finding what I was looking for.

"No, I forgot this," I replied holding up my study book on the human mind. She scoffed and shook her head.

"A shame such a pretty girl like you locks herself up in a bedroom and studies 24/7," she said still shaking her head.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll see you later, Drama Queen."

Her laughter echoed as I walked outside and back to my car.

After getting in, I threw my purse and books in the back. Just as I was about to move again, I heard shuffling. 

At first I froze, and then adrenaline began pumping and I grabbed my pepper spray out of the glove department. I turned around in my seat at the same time as someone grabbed my arm, squeezing my wrist.

I dropped the bottle of spray on the armrest, but it tumbled to the floor as I yelped in pain. 

A warm hand clamped over my mouth, thumb, and nose so I couldn't breathe. "Long time, no see, Scar."

Bite. Me.

"Are you a banana? Because I find you appealing?"

I mentally smacked my forehead at yet another one of his terrible pickup lines.

I tried to speak, but my voice was muffled by his huge hand. "I'm going to remove my hand. You better not scream." When I nodded understandingly, he removed his hand.

"What do you want?" I asked as I began to catch my breath. How did he even get into the car? 

You left it unlocked when you went inside, idiot, my super subtle conscious hissed.

"I just wanted to say hello."

I slowly turned to look at him with the deadliest glare I could muster up. "You broke into my car, suffocated me, and threatened me just to say hello?" I nearly shouted in disbelief.