His Blissful Idiocy

I was shaking from the cold while I listened to the hushed whispers of three people standing right in front of me. They were speaking their Romanian language, so I had no idea why they were whispering. I couldn't understand anything they were saying either way it went.

After several seconds of me being completely dumbfounded by the woman speaking to me, I realized that they looked alike. They spoke the same language. These were the siblings.

Her hair was the only contrast between the three. It was a lighter shade than theirs. The man had darker hair like Rowan, and they all shared the same grey eyes.

Their clothes were expensive, and they almost dressed the same.

The lady wore red flare leg pants, with a black turtleneck.  Her legs were long making her almost the same height as her brothers. She was beautiful with her bright red lipstick and sharp facial features.

His brother had dark hair and a face, carved for the lords as well. He was the same height as Rowan, and I could've mistaken them for twins if his brother didn't have a softer look to his face.

He looked intimidating, of course, but not as scary as Rowan.

I set on the edge of the tub in complete and awkward silence, listening to them bicker.

Every now and then, Rowan's sister would look over her shoulder at me, but I didn't want to meet her eye. She was intimidating as well.

Or, maybe it was the embarrassment of them seeing me in such a vulnerable state. First impressions were last impressions. Now, they may think I'm some girl that has problems.

After a few minutes of me rubbing my arm and staring at the floor, I heard Rowan clear his throat.

I looked up, and all three of them were looking at me.

"Scarlett," he said, looking at me. "This is my sister, Cassia, and my brother, Cassius"

I hated how he stared at me so intently. By, 'hated' I meant 'getting ready to melt in my spot.'

I wonder if he looked at me like that on purpose.

My eyes slid to his siblings. "Hello," I said before mentally slamming my head against the wall.

Why did I sound so afraid? I sounded weak.

They both smiled at me before Cassia stuck her hand out for me to shake. "You call me Cassi," she said with a huge grin on her face.

She had to be in her mid-twenties.

I smiled back at her. This was easy. She was easy. "It is very nice to meet you, Cassi," I replied.

I loved her accent. It was strong and thick like the Russians. Rowan's accent was watered down, and only noticeable when his voice was low or when he was angry. I guess after a few years in American schools, you lose your accent a little.

Cassius stuck his hand out for me to shake as well. "It's nice to finally meet you, Scarlett," he said.

I took his hand, shaking it. It was a little calloused, nonetheless, warm.

I felt nervous under his gaze. Was this a thing in their country to look at people as if they were the only people in the world?

"It's nice to meet you," I responded, trying to block out my thoughts.

He smiled at me before letting go of my hand. His smile was beautiful. Almost like-

"Rowan."

I jumped in my spot at the sudden voice that snapped me out of my daze. Looking at the bathroom door, my blood ran cold. "Colton."