19. No tears to shed

Dasarath POV

"That bitter memory is haunting my thoughts. One arrow, just one arrow made my life hell! Poor Shravan lost his life due to my mistake. His parents died calling his name repeatedly, I caused the death of three innocent people. I drowned a beautiful family to death in the sea of distress. It would be good if I die before separating from my sons. 

My sons are my life, I can't bear separation from them. Ram, Bharat, Lakshman and Shatrughan love me alot! specially Ram, I love him the most. Bharat is also my dear son. Bharat and Shatrughan went away from me in their childhood itself. Anyways they returned after a few years. Shatrughan is always my little boy, even though he is just two days younger than Ram.

 Lakshman, he is like Ram's shadow. The purest bond between Ram and Lakshman is the best brotherhood ever. Even Shatrughan loves Bharat the most among his three brothers.I am the most luckiest father on this earth to have such a nice sons. Hmmm, Ram is the second most lucky dad maybe. I wish Romapad is my brother, in that case Shanta would be with me only. But still she loves me and Romapad equally. Shata is very much older than my sons, she treats them as her own sons. When will Shanta and Rishishringa come here, the last time they visited Ayodhya is at Aranika's annaprasan. 

Aranika is like carbon copy of baby Ram, cute and strong. When she was born, she was able to hold Lakshman's finger tight. At the ear piecing ceremony, she didn't cry but Ram's eyes filled with tears with fear. Such a lovely boy! Ram is so merciful, he even thought killing Tadaka isn't good because she was a woman with kids. 

He is as handsome as a lotus, his eyes as as beautiful and calm like a lotus petals and looks like a gentle flower. No one knows the strength of a lotus flower and its roots until they disturb it, in the same way Ram is also strong but never boasts. If all good qualities form a human, that human is Ram. Shatrughan and Bharat, hmm, always cool and calm, humorous and cheerful. But If someone dare to hurt their loved ones, lord Parushuram's anger flows through them.

Lakshman, he is like ansh of lord Parushuram, strong, fierce, angry and Lakshman is gentle,caring and lovable too. Aranika saved that Dasi, but how?! How did she lift the big iron cupboard? Like father Like daughter case may be. I must admit that I am becoming old and weak, its time to handover my kingdom to my sons. Ram shall be the king and the other brothers will also have good positions in administration and defense. 

Dasarath, if you are a father of four sons who love you immensely and able administrators and warriors, if you are a father of a girl who is good in all aspects, if you have your three lovely wives who care for you dearly, four daughters from another family treat you like their father, if you are a grandfather of cute little and strong princess, what do need more in life? My life is fulfilled, I feel its time to retire and take rest. 

I am missing Bharat and Shatrughan so much, it's been more than three weeks since they left to Kekeya rajya. Are the eating well? Shatrughan, he never takes care of himself. He loves to talk with all people and likes to be surrounded by his family but is he sleeping well? Is Bharat eating regularly or busy in spending time with his uncle, I wonder Shatrughan is also with him only. When will they return? I want meet them now, hmm Bharat and Shatrughan were brought up by their grandfather since teenage till marriage age. They will miss them right, but I am also missing my sons. Hope they will come soon, I am eagerly waiting for them. My four sons will take care of Kosala better than me; they are like four arms which arose from my body. Any of these four make best king! 

Ram.... if all the good qualities in the world are clubbed and form a human, he would be Ram; zero vanity, zero anger, zero pride, honest, zero jealousy, good speaker, zero anxiety, energetic, respects his gurus, parents and people, mastered almost all kalas and most importantly loves people as his own children and loved by the people. All the four princes are loved by the people but Ram is the most loved. I will share my decision with Vasisth Maharshi and the ministers. Soon I will arrange a meeting for all the janapada leaders, vassal kings and people representatives. I will make Ram as the crown prince if everyone agrees, if not Ram, people choose Bharat; then Bharat shall be the king. People's good is my first priority"