Blue Butterfly

Seonghwa is known to be a gentle yet ongoing person. He lives in a town where soulmates are very common to see, yet he hasn't found his. But that isn't a problme for him, since love comes at his time.

He has black waved hair with dark brown eyes. 23 years old and studies in the university of Aurora, along with his two best friends, Wooyoung and San, which also are a couple and soulmates. They were lucky to find each other once they met in the University.

It's staring Spring, Monday and last class of the day. Nature science with Mr. Kim, today was a really interesting class since the teacher explained the myth of their town.

"Everyone please be quiet, I'll explain this story only once and you will later have to do a report for the subject" Mr. Kim said and Wooyoung that sat on my left just sighed since he doesn't like doing reports. "I better hope its a good story"

"As most of you know, Spring is a very important date for us. When the cherry blossoms start to grow everywhere, the scenery is breathtaking, but that's not the best part. It's said that every 50 years, blue butterflies visit our town and fly across the massive blossoms, leaving magical glitter to proctect us from the evil spirits."

A student on the first row raised his hand for a question, which the teacher agreed. "Is it true that the butterflies were actually people?" Some looked at the student questioning what he asked. But quickly enough Mr. Kim answered.

"I see what you mean to ask Mingi, but lately many rumors have been heard around. Some say that the butterflies were people that weren't able to live long so God gift them the ability to protect our town. Others say that the blue butterflies are guided by spirits that live in the forest. Or that some were chosen to be someones soulmate. It has only happend once since our knowledge, there was a young man at his age of 23, on the day of the butterflies, a rare golden butterfly stood on his flower and transformed into human to be his soulmate. Each of you can think what u want. For now that's our class for today. You can leave"

Just after Mr. Kim said that, the bell rang for the end of our classes. "Wow, why don't we go see the blue butterflies when they come?" Asked San while finishing packing up his stuff. "Sure thing, we have one chance in our life unless we live over a hundred years" Said Wooyoung jokingly walking to the door.

"Hwa, imagine your soulmate is one of the butterflies, that'd be so cute!. You're coming, right?" Woo then asked me, which I replied with a little smile.

The next days flew by really fast until the big day. I walked with Wooyoung, San and Mingi, since we met the last one on our way to the cherry blossoms. We all had in hand flowers in different colors, because the tradition says that to welcome the butterflies we must give them a flower as gift.

I personally chose a white rose, white meant loyalty and purity. Once there, it was almost time. We all sat on the grass with the flowers on our hands, closing our eyes. Not 5 minutes later, the sound of little bells were heard along with a soft honey smell. And at that moment I felt something land on my flower, as I open my eyes, there was a butterfly, a golden one, like Mr. Kim mentioned.

I thought i was dreaming, but it was there. A little butterfly, it looked so pure and young. I closed my eyes again to feel shining wind around me, opening my eyes again, I see that actually there was wind surrounding me and shining light falling from the sky.

Before asking whatever was happening, my white rose fell on my hands along with the little butterfly, which wasn't moving. So worried I gently touched it and infront of my own eyes the little insect started shining so bright and changing form.

A moment later, a wonderful young man, probably my age is infront of me, he is a little shorter, blond hair, wearing a blue suit with a collar. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I held his hand very gently as I see how he slowly looks up and meet my eyes. "I finally found you" He said in a honey raspy voice.