Debut

Longest chapter I've written so far.

The New World is a new survival show where 100 participants would compete, dancing, singing, rapping, and performing to get to the top and debut as a new K-pop group.

I signed in months ago and got admitted two weeks ago. They told us to prepare a performance for the first evaluation, just like in every show till now. I was curious to know the trainees that would come, if they were from big companies or solo trainees.

I am going as a solo trainee. A few weeks ago, I finished my contract with BigHit since I saw that the chances of debuting there were quite low. I feel kind of bad because I left good friends there, like Yeonjun and Wooyoung... And wooyoung even promised to debut together, but I broke that promise.

I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't realize it was my time to go out. From behind the scenes, it was full of staff telling me what to do and where to go. A kind woman staff told me to go past that curtain, and everything will be recorded from then on. That makes me more nervous, I thought.

I walked through, I didn't know how many trainees had passed before me, but I know some did because I could hear voices from not far that sounded surprised for some reason. We're they watching me? Or maybe I did something wrong.

I ignored that for a second and walked forward, where I met the machine that had stickers of stars to choose, and depending on how good I think I am, I should put a maximum of 4 stars. I doubted a moment since I know my dancing skills aren't the best, and I can't rap, but people have told me my singing voice is sweet? I decided to put two stickers on my shirt and walk again towards the tunel with the lights.

Not even a minute later, I arrived at the big salon. There were 100 chairs placed by numbers. In the top middle were 8 spots with bigger chairs and the biggest, occupied by a young man with a serious look on his face.

I shyly stood in the middle on the stage to introduce myself and look for empty spots.
"My name is Kang Yeosang. Nice to meet you all!" I sad bowing to everyone. There were around 50 participants already. I heard them mumbling words with each other.

I quickly looked around and decided to sit down at the chair with the number 15 in it. Since it brings me luck. A few seats on my left were two big guys sitting together with matching outfits. They smiled at me and cheered.

"Hii, I'm Yunho. By the way, we gotta say that since the moment you appeared on screen, we've been shocked by your handsome looks. I tell you, everyone loves your visual, including me." Said Yunho with his friend, nodding next to him.

After a few more solo trainees entries. The screen showed "BigHit Ent." And everyone, including me, was nervous to see who would appear there.

"Woah, bighit trainees must have trained a lot." I heard a guy behind me talking.

My face lit up when the person that walked in was no one else than Wooyoung, along with Yeonjun and Taehyun. All three are really good at performing. I felt so happy to see Wooyoung again and hoped he would see me, but to me surprise, when his eyes met mine, he just walked past. All three ended up sitting on top 4, 5, and 6.

After a long hour, the judges finally arrived, and the real competition started. A few trainees sang regularly, but not good enough for the judges. They all got 1 or 2 stars. Then, a guy by the name of Hongjoong, he arrived with an aura that said , "I'm here to see who I'm debuting with," and he left no crumbs. He rapped into a song he self produced and left everyone speechless. He was the first all-star.

I told Yunho and his friend Mingi Goodluck, since it was their turn and then me. So, from the behind stage, I silently watched the boys' performance while warming up for my turn.