Falling on you

Yesterday we arrived at the small hotel up in the mountains, to be specific, in the middle of some skiing resorts. Here I am with my friends of the 99' line, that's how we call ourselves since we're were born on the same year.

I share a room with Yunho and Mingi, while Wooyoung and San are in another.
Today, we are learning how to skii for the first time. At least Yunho and Mingi have been here a few times before. They can teach us something, to the newbies, which are Wooyoung, San, and I.

We went to the place where they rent skies and snowboards, I personally chose the snowboard since I guessed it would be easier since I skate. On the other hand, Woo and San took the skies.

Made our way to the beginner hill. To get to the top, the two taller showed us how to wear the skies/ snowboard and how to take a good grip on the mechanic rope that takes us up.
It took a bit of strength, but we made it all to the top at some point.

Once there, Yunho made the first move to show me how to get up, I could either push myself straight up when I sat on the snow or I could turn around and push myself behind to stand up.
I saw how other people went down the hill, and it seemed fun. Yunho went first and me behind.

Not gonna lie, I struggled way more than I thought I would. I could get up, but then when I started sliding straight downhill, I panicked and fell. It happened like 5 times before I just sat down in the middle of this hill to rest.

On the other side, I could see San and Wooyoung somehow sliding down in a much easier way.

"Maybe I should have taken the skies, too." I mumbled, watching reaching the bottom of the hill.

"Need some help?" A guys voice made me tuen around. It was also a snowboarder. He perfectly stopped next to me. I couldn't see his face since he had these snow glasses on.

"Oh, I mean... I guess I seem that I'm going too fast so I fall the whole time." I said to him.

"I see, take my advice and don't slide straight, do zigzags. That way you can easily stop. I can show you once amd you follow after, okay?" The guy said, I agreed and first saw him off, he slowly slided to the right side, showing how to not go too fast.

After he stopped, he made a sign to me to follow, so I tried. I turned around first, got on the snowboard amd slowly slided towards the guy. To my surprise I didn't fall. Then I reached him.

"Woah thanks! This made it more easier. I owe you one." I happily said, now that u could reach my friends.

"No problem, Seonghwa is my name by the way, tell me if you need anything else."

"Thanks, Seonghwa. I'm Yeosang, I'll do my best and try not to fall. I'll see you around here, I guess." I said as I slided in more zigzags towards Yunho, who was waiting by the rope machine.

"You got yourself a new teacher?" He teasingly asked.

"Haha, that guy just helped me out a bit. Now let's get on again, I'm sure I'll do better this time!"

After what could have been and hour, I sat on top of the hill for a small break. I let Yunho go by himself since he seemed to want to do some tricks and I was leaving him behind. It amazed me how he was able to do some jumps and tricks on the board.

"Can I sit here?" A familiar voice said. I looked up to see Seonghwa, the guy that helped me earlier.

"Sure, I'm taking a little break." I commented.

"I see that you're getting the grip of it, not bad for a first time Yeosang." Seonghwa said patting my helmet.
Made me feel like he was a big proud brother.