Your voice

Yeosang walked his way to school like every day, with his headphones and no music on. He is deaf, but that stops him from having a normal life. Since he has his friends and a special person he likes.

He got stopped by his friend and classmate Wooyoung, who is learning sign language to do his best to communicate with yeosang.

"Hello! You're early today, I have to tell you something very important about San, " He signed, which made yeosang smile.

They walked to class while Wooyoung tried explaining how San gave him a plushie on their first date.

In class, yeosang arrived, getting a hug from his favorite classmate, and one of the most popular boys, Park seonghwa.
"Good morning yeosang, can I sit next to you today?" He signed.

Yeosang said hello and nodded. They sat next to each other during the next few hours. Writing small notes, telling each other stuff.

During lunch that day, the two stayed in class. Yeosang was drawing on his notebook a sketch of  seonghwa, who  was standing, leaning towards the window, looking to the outside.

Hwa walked back to his seat and took a peak towards yeosangs drawing. When yeosang noticed his presence, he tried to hide the drawing, but it was too late.

"Is that me?" Seonghwa asked.

Yeosang looked down, then slightly nodded. "You have a handsome face, I really like it." He signed back.

Seonghwa was surprised, and at the same time, yeosang realized what he had just said. He panicked and wanted to get out, but before standing up, Seonghwa grabbed his wrist.

"Wait, did you really mean it? Do you like me?" He asked slowly.

The two stood quite for a minute before the younger looked into seonghwas eyes and nodded. "Yes, I like you, Seonghwa. I've liked you ever since I first saw you, last year at the music festival. You don't have to answer me, I just want to tell you my feelings." He said.

The bell for the end of lunch time rang. Even tho they had P.E. right now, none of both boys moved. Seonghwa let go of yeosangs arm to make him look at him.

"I also like you, Yeosang. Don't think it's for pity like many think. I really like you. The most I like of you is your voice." He said.

Yeosang looked confused. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Your voice, the way you use sign language so gently and so pretty with your hands, that us your voice, and that is what made me fall for you ever since we met."

Yeosang felt tears rolling from his eyes. Never had he heard someone talk about him. Not just anyone but Park Seonghwa, the guy he had been having a crush on for a year.

A bit later, they arrived at P.E. class. Seonghwa got again surrounded by the girls and his colleagues, and Yeosang walked next to Wooyoung, who looked back at him very suspiciously.

"Where were you, and why were you late. And most importantly, why did you arrive with Seonghwa late?" Yeosang with short signs said, " I think we could try a double date this Friday. You with San and Seonghwa with me." He giggled, leaving a blushing Wooyoung.

"WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY?" He said out loud. Which everyone heard except our Yeosang.

Seonghwa looked towards Yeosang, who was smiling back at him. They were inseparable since then, went through high school, college, and after graduation together. In the future, they would marry and have a wonderful life.

_______________
THE END

Based a bit in the recent drama I watched. Twinkling Watermelon.
Really loved it.