Old friend

(It's Yeosangs pov in this story, his name will be Jaesang so you know-)
________________________________________

My mother always told me to follow my dreams, do what I crave to do and be creative because the future holds many things. But the day she passed away, all of that was taken away by my father.
H

e didn't believe in such words, for him to be successful in life I had to be the best at everything.

I was 8 years old when mum passed away, from that day he took everything from me. I didn't smile as much as I used to. He kept me away from my friends, which I couldn't even say goodbye to, since my father decided that I'd be homeschooling.

I missed my friends, what would they think of me? Were they mad that I never reached back to them? Were they gonna miss me too? Or just forget about me like father said they would.

Since he took my friends from me, he also took something I loved to do, which was to dance and sing. Instead he thought that playing violin was something I'd like and people enjoy. But I didn't.

Now it's been 12 years since that happened, it took me time, but I finally convinced father to let me study in college. I had to pull straight A+ for all these years, made him believe that I like the life he chose for me, so I could fulfill the dreams "I" had.

But it's finally the day, my first year in college out of home. It felt nice to finally be in a different environment.

Father decided that an Uber would bring me to Uni every day, it's a bit off, because it seems like I'm a spoiled person since my father is rich. But at that point I couldn't care.

For context, I got accepted into this Uni by writing some exams, which I passed successfully since my teacher at home always prepared me with homework for higher graders.

Since it was the second trimester, many students would look towards my direction since it wasn't normal to someone transfer at this point of the year.

My class assigned was class 2-A, a teacher was guiding me to my classroom and as we arrived the students were already doing class and all turned towards the door where we were at.

Both teachers talked for a few seconds then the one that guided me left.

"So class, let's all stand up and welcome your new classmate. Please introduce yourself" The teacher said while I walked to the center.

"My name is Kang Jaesang, nice to meet you" I bowed and I was called to sit next to a guy about my height with half blond, half black hair. (Wooyoung AOTM)

Everyone sat afterwards and the class continued. It was a bit difficult the first 2 hours since I didn't know what they were doing. Then the bell rang for lunch and everyone was packing their thing to go eat and be with their friends.

As I saw most of the students leave I felt a tap on my shoulder to see my desk mate still here.

"Hey, I didn't get your name before, my name is Wooyoung and do you wanna eat with my and my friends? We're open if you don't have anyone to go to" He said in such friendly tone. I got my things together, nodded and he proceeded to drag me to the cafeteria to a table at the back with other 6 guys.

"Good morning! Guys, this is my new friend uh- what was your name again?" Wooyoung asked while the others laughed at his way of introducing me.

"Woo, how can you say that he's your friend when you didn't even know his name?" Said one of the guys that seemed a bit younger than the rest.