23. Invite

Apparantly almost every girl in their batch has asked him out

Apparantly almost every girl in their batch has asked him out. Some directly and some discreetly...and he has turned all of them down. There's also this talk that he has an unwritten rule not to date anybody from the campus. Not that people have spotted him with any of his girlfriends ...that's the whole point here. His personal life is a total blank. Like nobody knows anything at all.

Any other info about his life is blank. He's a combination of mystery and good looks. That's why either everyone drools over him or jealous of him. As I said he is close to his friends only. They all are pretty close. I have heard that all 5 of them stick together most of the times. They hang out, study, party together. The talk is that only four of his best friends know everything about him...but I have a feeling that not even they know everything. He's truly a mystery box.

Anyways I have totally ignored him for the past two weeks..not even a glance! That's improvement right!! Whatever I know about him is all the gossip and talk I've heard. It was impossible to shut them out coz many from my side as well are crushing over him. I mean who doesn't? He's so perfect and fits into everyone's expectations...intelligent, smart, extremely hot, mysterious, doesn't give a fuck about anyone.

As soon as we reached for breakfast today we were told that there is a special announcement today...guess who's announcement? Ofcourse their's! So we will not have class after lunch. I bet they have planned something today..something sinister. But they have also invited the professors...I mean all of their professors including the dean. So there would possibly not be any harsh humiliation ryt? God knows.

All these past days they've found some or the other reason to put us down...make fun of us. I swear these people didn't grow up after high school.

After lunch we are all assembled here to listen to almighty's announcement. I can already feel the headache forming...all of us are settled in the audi and waiting. Suspiciously none of our professors are present today. Apparently they all had some meeting about the progress of our project in our college. Everything around me feels so Suspicious. The last time I felt this way was my first day here..God knows what they are planning.

The guy who announced the 'rules' on our first day walks up to the stage.
"Ok guys so here's the deal. We'll have frequent parties, dinners and gatherings hosted by one of the students or faculty here. It's kinda our thing to destress and relax. We do it very often. So today Radhi is organizing a party at her place. We'll have imminent scholars, writers, surgeons and many great personalities attending. Every party will be like this. It will be a great place to socialize and learn something new. And also.....the catch is you will have 5% of ur grading from the attendance to these parties. Ofcourse it's only applicable to your college students. Since we are the ones organizing we can choose to not attend if we don't want to. There will be transportation facilities back and forth. All you need to do is look good and you are good to go".

Wow...finally something interesting. I'm so bored of my life right now. Due to the extra study I'm doing I haven't been able to go out these past few weeks at all. Finally it's time to get drunk, dance and enjoyyy. And how can I ignore that 5%...if I can get that solely by attending this parties even if it's boring and lame like them I'm fine with it.

"And Radhi has invited Stanford professor and former diplomat Dr. Stephen Maccally to the party today. And apparently he has agreed to give us a glimpse about his career and current scenarios"

My jaw drops at that. Wow. This is awesome. If I get to meet such imminent personalities in these gatherings..what more could I ask for. I mean I know they won't be in a mood to discuss about many topics in a party environment but still I'll get a glimpse of their lives and their ideas. As I'm busy imagining all these scenarios that's when he drops the bomb.

" But today's party has a special rule. That is you need a partner to go with you...and that's where the fun part starts. To get an entree to the party you need to get asked out by one of us. If none of us asks you to go with us then you're not welcome."

There it is...their fuckin cunning plan. Just for a moment I thought maybe they're not so bad and all it took them is 2 min to ruin it. Now I thoroughly understand what they want....they want us to go and beg one of them to take us as their partner. Damn!!

"So let's begin. I will call out names from our side according to the roll and they'll make the choice they want" He ends with a smirk.

Bloddy asshole. At this rate I think only few of them will choose few of us. So only some students will get to attend. Fuck! now who the hell will choose me? I haven't been friendly with anyone here. Not even polite. I have just focused on blending in the background. God my plan is going to doom me now.
But I want to go to this party so badly. I had taken an online course on 'Nuclear terrorism' offered by Stanford a few months ago. And Dr. Stephen was the coordinator of that course. His lectures are so accurate and up to the mark. Listening to him live will be one of the best experiences. And now that depends on these people! Ugh!!!

* currently so tired by binge watching so many movies. Not guilty 🙄😂 I have no idea what I'm doing with my life lol*