25. Brown orbs

I think I'm stuck in my place

I think I'm stuck in my place. I'm not even sure if I'm breathing or not. What does he mean by that? Right reasons? And why is he still looking at me. I can't seem to break the eye contact either. There's this sudden tension in the room I think only both of us can feel. There's pin drop silence around me. I suddenly come out of my dreamland and avert my eyes from him. So embarrassing Sakshi! His lips twitch at my discomfort. Is he trying to hide his smile?

That's when I hear- "Okay that's settled then. Randhir is using up his star and he gets Ms. Sakshi as his partner in return. Jay I'm afraid you will have to choose somebody else" prof. Pradhan finishes.

Jay opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by Randhir-
"Sir as we all know, one star equates 2 favors. So I'm gonna take advantage of the other favour too. I know tomorrow we all will be paired up with someone and will be alloted projects which will be evaluated at the end of the course. And I also know tge pairing will be according to the randomly picked up names. I want to use my star to pick Ms Sakshi as my partner for project as well"

I hear more gasps now. People are stunned. What the hell is going on? What pairing? What project? Did they even bother to explain to us...ugh! And why the hell is this guy choosing me? Is this some prank or what!!

"Think about it again Randhir. You don't want to mess your project now do you? You have no idea about the girl's abilities...If you mess up...all the efforts you've put from years will be gone. No offense Ms. Sakshi but it's fair that I warn my student beforehand" prof. Shaina says.

I immediately sober up and stand from my seat and utter "None taken ma'am. I understand". She nods in my direction

"I understand the complications with my choice ma'am. I have thoroughly understood the situation and made this choice. I want her to be my partner in this project for the next three months. And it's only fair that I use up all my stored stars now atleast" he finishes with a determined look on his face.

"Alright then. So Randhir has used up his one star. So Ms Sakshi will be his partner for the rest of three months. You both will work together with this project. So...now that's settled. Let's move on. Shall we?" Prof. Pradhan exclaimed.

With a thank you Randhir got back to his place and I got seated too. I know I don't have a say in any of these decisions. Even if I said I don't want to partner with him for the next three months I would probably be partnered with any random person anyway. So it really doesn't matter who I choose.

The process goes on and at last 45 of us are chosen. My head is a mess right now. Like what the hell is this. How did this happen? Why? So many questions. I'm so exhausted with all the mental exhaustion. I just want to go and take a nap. As the session ends..I'm atleast expecting him to come and talk to me. But sure as hell that isn't happening. All of them leave at once...without even looking back. Randhir didn't even look in my direction! Dude wth!! He's behaving as if he didn't just almost declare he wanted ME as his partner. He's acting as if I begged him to be myn!! Such an ass!

He can bloddy well go to hell for all I care. My focus for today is just the party and Prof. Stephen. I'm gonna dress up and have fun today. I won't allow anybody to ruin my fun tonight.

As I freshen up I get a message from college saying we need to be ready by 7. Outfit should fit to clubbing scenes coz after drinks and dinner all of us are headed to a pub. So it's a dj and dancing kind of night. But if I dress up for a pub..won't it be too impolite for meeting Mr Stephen? I mean i just feel that it would've been better if I wear something less scandalous while meeting someone so good at his work. I admire him too much. What should I wear?

After much consideration, I settled for a simple light pink dress with printed design. I tied my long hair in a ponytail..letting a few strands out at the front. Simple makeup with eyeliner and baby pink lip gloss. With my simple watch in left hand and a couple rings in the right..I'm ready to go with a pair of 2 inch heels. I definitely don't want to fall on my face in front of prof Stephen.

I hope this isn't too simple

I hope this isn't too simple. I know for a fact that everyone will go all their way out to look good today. But I don't think I'm yet comfortable to show that side of me in front of these people. I also grab my grey leather jacket which goes perfectly well with my dress..ukw just in case. I don't want to be cold. Ok good to go then. The reason why I'm fretting too much about my outfit is also because I don't want to put Randhir down. I have no idea why he chose me...but if the fact that he had never taken any other girl here out is true then...I don't want to embarrass him in front of his mates. It's not that I'm not confident about how I look..it's just that when we both walk together, I don't want to look like a misfit.

It's 6:45, I've had my salad so I'll not really be hungry anytime soon. Time to go. As I walk out the dorms, the halls are empty. Not a soul lurking around..shit it means either I'm too early or I'm too damn late. I start walking towards the parking lot. That's when I notice there are a bunch of students already dressed up and waiting. I check my watch again but I'm perfectly on time. When did these people arrive? As I get closer all of them quite down...literally. Many of the people standing are from their side so I'm assuming my side folks are still on their way. I can feel everybody's stare on me. Oh please stop already! I walk confidently despite my inner nervousness. When I'm about 10 feet away from the group somebody starts walking in my direction. I lift my head to lock my eyes with the most beautiful browns. It's him. He's wearing a black suit. His brown eyes are complimenting his attire. For I moment I forgot how to breathe. He looks so .....out of this world. So so so beautiful. This must really be some dream because no way in real life a man as handsome as him will walk in my direction to take my hand.

 This must really be some dream because no way in real life a man as handsome as him will walk in my direction to take my hand

*I feel so good writing about all these smallest details cuz I have had these stories in my head for a very long time. And to finally pen it down has been nothing but exhilarating 😭❤*