1. Life is plain

Gosh I hate these mornings

Gosh I hate these mornings. I know sunshine is all good, enthusing, lovely, refreshing blah blah blah but who the fuck ingrained this thought in people's minds that you got to get up early to be successful in life! And my parents actually believe in it.

Yea you got that right. I'm not at all a morning person. I hate getting up early in the morning just to run around and disturb other's sleep. But the point is whether my parents care about my opinion? Absolutely no. That is why I'm still hearing my mom screaming in kitchen while I'm cuddled up in my cozy navy blue blanket. Who needs cuddles when your soft wollen blanket is there to warm you. Ahh I absolutely love my sleep.

Completely immersed in my thoughts and dreams about sleeping while sleeping is when my mom screams "Sakshi if I don't see you in the hall finishing your milk in 5 min, I'll make sure I won't sign your diary for today!!"

Ah! She knows exactly what pisses me off. I get up finally bidding farewell to my cozy cozy blanket and move to bathroom. Finish up my daily chores. Get ready for school. As usual I take my lunch box. Say goodbye to mom dad and leave with my 10 year old baby brother to school.

As soon as I drop my brother off at his line for prayer I rush to my line. It's summer and the scorching heat is drying my throat yet there is no escape from this morning ritual. The prayer started with all of us standing with closed eyes and hands drawn up in a namaste thinking about all the things except god (please don't blame a 13 year old about actually concentrating on prayer).

That's when I hear a thump sound in front of me and as I slightly open my eyes to check what happened..it's the same old story drama enactment. Poor Ritu is on the ground unconscious and teachers are helping her with a scowl on their face. I really don't know if she gets dehydrated 3 times a week deliberately or is she is actually suffering from weakness. The teachers are fed up with this though. I make a mental note to ask her when I find her alone in the washroom later.

After prayer we all are rushed into our classes. It's 9:45 am and our classes begin. I'm currently in my 8th STD, just into high school and I have no idea what that means. As my mathematics teachers starts teaching my favorite topic Algebra I dive into the formulas and theories of xyz. Don't get me wrong I actually like studies. It interests me. I like challenges and getting to know different things which keeps my brain occupied and stops me from overthinking.

The teacher gives us a problem waiting for us to solve that's when I notice Arjun throwing a piece of paper to Vaishnavi. Everybody's looking at their books trying to solve the mystery of 'x' and since I already found my 'x' I just thought I'll see what's going on between them. She slowly picks up the paper opens it and is blushing profusely. Then she writes on the same bit of paper and throws it back to him. Let me guess he would've written "you look beautiful in your oil greased pigtails" and she would've written
"Really? Thank you❤"

The moment she throws the paper and concentrates on solving her problem I see that arjun is showing the paper to his bench mates and all of them are laughing at her in silence. Agh boys! Dumb idiotic boys. Don't get me wrong but boys in my class really lack common sense or should I say boys of my age. I understood this fact really early in my life that boys are not that emotionally available creatures. Especially when they are of your age.

They act stupid, they think making fun of some girl and laughing at her with your fellow mates is actually cool. They don't give a damn about you even if you are their bestfriend. They won't hesitate for a second before making fun of you in front of their so called 'Bro gang' just for a good laugh. The moment I realized this I knew what to expect from them and handle them smartly. The more you give them the impression that you will take their shit in exchange to being a part of their 'gang' the more they'll make a laughingstock out of you. So you can say I'm doing pretty well at handling these idiotic creatures.

The classes went on and by the 3rd period i was feeling exhausted. I just wanted a break from all this for a moment. So i did the most elegant thing a 13 year old would do. I went to washroom. Washroom is a breath of fresh air in the middle of foul aura in school life. When you're stuck in a schedule of 9:30 to 4:00, the only thing that saves you from constant grilling is bathroom breaks.

As soon as I came back to class a senior was standing beside my science teacher.

Read further to find out why a senior just stopped by..

*guys please vote and leave a comment if you like the story💙*