43. Explore

After nearly 2 hours of driving and nearly perfect street vadapavs we were making way to a muddy road

After nearly 2 hours of driving and nearly perfect street vadapavs we were making way to a muddy road. The air around us has changed and there was a hint of mist and soaked mud smell. It felt so...fresh? A smile automatically made its way to my face. Ugh i love nature. The trees automatically grew bigger and more frequent, there was a trail of water running down somewhere. Randhir had already lowered the volume of music, undoubtedly for me to listen to my surroundings. There was a hint of breeze around and also the smell of jasmine and wood around. The surroundings felt oddly familiar yet foriegn.

"So...is this where we head to a haunted house and get killed by a crazed blood thirsty monster who is bored to death? Quite literally!" I mutter scrunching my nose.

"Nope. This is where I tell you I'm a psychopath and I'm going to kill you first then kill myself after. Then we'll both haunt this place for the rest of our ghost lives" he replies chuckling.

"You don't have to kill me you know. I will gladly die so that we both can have a peaceful ghost life together" I say emphasizing my point. If he wants to play word games, I'm all for it.

"Well I didn't know you were already deep into my trap. You just made my job easier miss" he finishes with a fake salute and a smirk.

I stiffle my giggles at his oh so cocky reply and concentrate on my surroundings. This place seems too serene for my own good.

Few minutes later he parks in front of a small house which almost resembles the kind of house that was in use long time ago. It's made of stone walls but is covered by a slant roof. It has a small garden in front of it, though I can't see the plants there due to darkness. He gets out and helps me towards the house.

"Ok. In all seriousness, I know this is kind of creepy and scary for you...bringing you to this unfamiliar place. But I wanted to show you this place myself. You have nothing to be scared of. And if you want to leave at any time, just say so and we will leave right away" he reassures. I nod my head giving him a smile.

He unlocks the house and the moment he switches the light on,..I know I would never forget this place ever in my life. The house not only looks old...but is actually quite...old. the furniture looks like it belongs to 1800. The bronze lamp, utensils, pot...the mahogany table, fireplace with iron holdings at the sides....the whole aesthetic reminds me of a well off 1800s house.

"This is not an ancestral place or something. In fact I never knew it existed quite some time ago. Actually, somebody gifted it to me a few years ago. It was that person's last remaining property. I have been looking after the place. And tbh I have come to like this place more than any other place " he pauses. He's looking around the place and there's a hint of nostalgia in his tone. I badly want to ask about why a certain someone gifted their last remaining property to him and who was that but I know he needs time to open up.

"When I came to this place the first time, I thought it was quite boring" he huffs.

"You have got to be kidding me" I scoff. The nerve of this boy to think this place is boring? This place?!!appalling!!!

"Okay, fine. I'm not that much into old stuff or aesthetics or archeology. And this place reeks of the combination of all of it. So yea at first I thought it was pretty boring"

"Randhir! Here I thought I couldn't find one thing I don't dislike about you" I huff and cross my arms in absolute horror at his statement.

A moment of silence passes and I look over at him to find him gazing at me....like he's shocked? That's when it hits me. I basically just admitted that I liked everything about me. Why do you have to be so so so stupid. Dumb bitch!!!

I'm sure I'm scarlet by now and I don't know how to handle this at all. I open my mouth and close it immediately.

"I meant that you do everything so perfectly and...an-and it's the first time you have said something so ridiculous" I cover my embarrassment with sass. Good going Sakshi.

"Excuse me! There's nothing ridiculous about not liking old boring stuff!" He mocks me by crossing his own arms and scowling. Though I see a hint of smirk on his lips.

Before I can even open my mouth to retort he cuts me off by-

"Ok let me give you a tour first. Then there's a surprise for you. I don't want you to waste my amazing amazing surprise with your argument about liking old stuff" he stressed out.

"You boy! You better take that back or else find another girl to give a tour to" I point my finger at his chest and give him a death glare. I know it's childish and I've never behaved this way with anyone...I mean ANYONE AT ALL. But I can't help it. This...whatever it is between us is making me go crazy.

"Okay okay ma'am. I will shut up now. And please let me give you a tour" he rises both his hands in surrender and gives me a coy smile.

I narrow my eyes at him. "You better behave boy. Or else I have a gentleman who promised me to take me back the moment I want to leave" it's my turn to smirk now.

"Now we don't want that gentleman to whisk you away from this poor jerk right? I'll definitely behave my lady!" He finishes with a genuine smile.

"Lead the way then."

*Sorry for the late update. Got busy with family stuff. Hope you're all doing awesome.
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤*