Rule 13 | Don't jump to conclusions about your roommate.

"WHY DON'T YOU go talk to him?" I found myself reeling back in surprise when Makenzie poked my ribs insistently, egging me to walk towards Jungkook who was now frozen in his spot, his wide eyes fixed on mine

In his defence, he seemed to look just as startled to find me standing here as I had upon witnessing him sucking a girl's face in the middle of the corridor in broad freaking daylight.

For a moment, when I'd seen him bent over that girl - the girl who for some unfathomable reason was shooting daggers at us from across the corridor now - I had thought that I'd feel jealous. Not because the girl was kissing Jungkook but because unlike me, she had at least the liberty to kiss anyone she wanted.

But now as I looked at the frustration evident on the girl's face and the apprehension on Jungkook's, all I felt was secondhand embarrassment for my roommate. It was justified too. Who would want to be seen by their roommate while they were engaging in romantic acts with someone? That was hands down one of the most humiliating things which could ever happen to a person.

So, just for the sake of saving Jungkook an utterly mortifying encounter, I turned around pretending I hadn't seen anything at all and threw a sharp, meaningful glare at Makenzie instead.

"There's nothing to talk about," I whispered urgently, my eyes silently begging her to let go of the conversation. It was pointless anyway. I didn't know what she was doing trying to set me up with Jungkook anyway. I was nearly a hundred percent certain that he didn't like me anymore than I liked him.

And I didn't like him in that way at all.

Hell, if it wasn't for all the times where he had been kind to me - well, apart from the time where he'd accused me of being a manipulative bitch - and saved me from some highly uncomfortable situations, I'd even have gone to the extent of claiming that I detested him.

Besides, I knew playboys wouldn't ever be my cup of tea. I'd be ecstatic even if I could just learn to handle the normal boys. Hopefully before I hit my thirties. And that too, perhaps, was being overly optimistic.

"But he was kissing a girl!" Makenzie hissed back.

"Well, he couldn't exactly kiss a boy, now could he?" I replied drily before clearing my throat. "Unless of course, he swings that way." I added, my cheeks flushing as Makenzie sighed.

"Oh fvck, don't give me ideas, Y/N." She cursed. "I can't believe I just imagined him kissing Jimin... which is ridiculous!" She exclaimed, closing her eyes and lifting her fingers to her temples in a dramatic display of her frustration.

Then, her eyes opened and a coy, almost embarrassed smile pulled at the corner of her mouth. "And yet undeniably hot. Hot enough to make the sun go up in flames." Speaking in a hushed voice, she all but whisper-squealed the last part, bouncing on her toes as she pressed her hands to her mouth like she'd just been caught saying something really naughty.