Rule 59 | Never flirt with your roommate in front of her little sister.

"I'VE GOT TO admit, little flower, you were a lot more cuter as a child than I was

   "I'VE GOT TO admit, little flower, you were a lot more cuter as a child than I was." Jungkook mused, picking up one of the picture frames from the living room sideboard and staring at it with a fond smile as he lightly rapped his knuckles against the nose of baby me who was grinning at the camera while my father held me up with both hands, pressing a kiss against my cheek.

I smiled to myself, feeling my heart squeeze a little painfully inside my chest.

My mother often told me that my father was completely enamoured with me as an infant and loved to hold me any chance he got, so much so that more than half of the pictures from my childhood were with him rather than her. Every weekend, it was his favourite hobby to make me put on different types of headbands and accessories and then take photos all day until I finally fell asleep in his arms, tired from all that posing.

He'd loved me to bits and pieces every second of his life and sometimes, I really wondered what it would have been like if he was alive and with us today. I would just be his happy and pampered little girl and perhaps, none of the things that happened after his passing would ever have happened because best friend or not, business partner or not, he wouldn't have hesitated to absolutely destroy anyone who dared eye me up the wrong way.

All caught up in my emotions, I didn't notice Jungkook had been looking at me the whole while as I took in a shaky breath and shot him a weak smile.

"I told you so," I responded, trying to sound playful but failing terribly as his brows furrowed.

"Hey, what's wrong, flower?" He was beside me in an instant as I shook my head, continuing to chop the onions with wobbly hands. Or at least trying to since the stupid little fool kept rolling away.

Chuseok was tomorrow and my mother had asked me to prepare enough side dishes to last us the entire holiday before going to the restaurant this morning. And that meant a lot of cutting and cooking and even more chopping because most of the traditional dishes required a lot of fresh vegetables.

"Stop it, Y/N, you're going to hurt yourself." Jungkook reprimanded as he gripped my wrist, bringing my actions to a halt and gently removing the knife from my hand.

"Give me that," He tsked disapprovingly and pulled the chopping board towards himself as I blinked at him confused, watching him carefully place his fingertips on the onion to hold it in place before dicing it perfectly.

"You might be an amazing cook," he remarked lightly, as he continued to repeat the same steps slowly but flawlessly. "But even you need to be able to see in front of you unless you wanna end up cutting one of your fingers off. Because even though I love you, eating bloody food is where I draw the line." He finished jokingly as I let out a watery laugh, not even realising that I'd started to tear up earlier.

"Really?" I sniffed, crossing my arms and looking up at him as he finished chopping all the onions in record time. "Where would you not draw the line, then?"