Rule 19 | Don't be overprotective of your roommate.

WHEN I WOKE up the next morning, the room was still partially dark and my arm was so cramped it felt like it would fall off if I dared move my shoulder off the pillow

Wincing in discomfort, I bit down on my lower lip trying to hold in the painful gasp that left my mouth as I tried to lift myself up on my elbow without shaking Jungkook. He too, lay in the same position, he'd gone to sleep in last night; his entire body weight on one arm that was linked with mine.

It was a wonder how he still hadn't woken up - because my arm felt so dead, moving it even slightly felt like torture.

His was probably going to hurt worse when he did wake up. And I didn't want to be awake and present just for him to wake up and blame me.

Even though it had been his idea all along.

But he wasn't necessarily going to think of that in case he did decide to get mad at me, was he?

Forgetting the pain in my arm, I extended my free arm to grope around for the key. Suddenly, I felt very awake. There was no way I was going to wake up together at the same time with Jungkook and let him see me at my most ruffled, vulnerable, disorganised state. My sleep-ridden, messy-haired appearance was certainly not a sight someone would want to wake up to.

Finally finding the key, I uncuffed myself as quietly as I possibly could and then proceeded to unlock Jungkook's side of the handcuff. I would rather he forgot this ever happened.

The whole thing was extremely stupid in the first place. There was no way we could handcuff ourselves together every night. Because as far as I knew, Jungkook was someone who was going to hate being stuck with me sooner or later.

And me agreeing to this idiotic idea was only going to validate Jungkook's opinion of me in the long run - that I was a country prude who looked upon him suspiciously due to my own delusions. He had clearly told me he wasn't going to jump me and I was insane to assume he'd even see something worth jumping in me.

Handsome, popular and exquisitely gorgeous boys like him did not jump the bones of unwilling, average-at-best girls like me when they had so many other willing, beautiful girls to choose from.

Biting my lip harder, I clicked Jungkook's handcuff open and gently slid it off his wrist, my hands getting cold from anxiety. I was never good at being this quiet and anytime my surroundings were so silent that my own breathing was the only sound I could hear, it reminded of all the times I'd spent holed up in my bedroom after being molested, desperately breathing in and out to prevent from slipping into a panicked state of mind.

A loud gasp escaped my mouth as I felt a large, warm hand wrap around my wrist and tug me forward as my eyes flew up to meet Jungkook's drowsy, languorous ones. He frowned, eyebrows scrunching together. "What are you doing, flower?" He rasped sleepily, his lips pulling into a confused pout as he tried to focus on me clearly but failed. His body seemed so unwilling to let him wake up that he might as well have not slept since ages.