Rule 23 | Don't be bipolar with your roommate.

Y/N WAS BEING difficult

Y/N WAS BEING difficult. Extremely difficult.

I sighed as I lowered myself onto my knees between the two beds, gazing up at her beautiful features etched into a look of unmoving stubbornness with every single bit of the patience I could muster.

"Y/N," I tried again, injecting just a little bit of firmness into my voice, enough to make her listen. "Let me have a look at your knees. You're hurt and we need to clean them in order to keep your wounds from getting infected." I explained slowly as if talking to a three-year-old but no avail.

Y/N huffed before wordlessly reaching for the disinfectant and cotton swabs in my hand as if to say that she was going to do that on her own.

And I could let her do everything but that. She was severely affected—both physically and mentally. Just because she wasn't displaying her emotions any longer didn't mean she didn't need someone to care for her as she recovered. So, I simply refused to let her have her way about this, promptly lifting my arm out of her reach.

"Your knees, Y/N," I told her again. "Not your hands."

She rolled her eyes at me before rolling over to the other side and pulling the comforter over herself. I didn't miss the little wince of pain that threaded through her face as she did so, her body obviously protesting against the harsh treatment, and lifted myself off of the carpet, sitting down on her bed instead.

My hands clutched her comforter as she faced away from me. "Y/N, are you going to come out of this comforter or not?" I asked softly, resisting the urge to just peel the fabric away from her face.

Practising self-restraint around her was a difficult feat to achieve but I couldn't have her getting any madder at me than she already was.

No, was her uncompromising answer as she shook her head adamantly, turning to look at me with resentment brimming in her beautiful brown eyes that looked at me with unspoken disdain. Her troubled gaze then turned towards my hand that was hovering over her covers and she gritted her jaw.

Picking up her phone, she quickly typed something before showing it to me.

Don't touch me.

Sighing, I lifted my hands in defeat and stared at her unimpressed. Though no longer hiding underneath the comforter, she still sat with her arms crossed rigidly over her chest while she huffily looked away from me, her lips pulled into a determined pout.

I shut my eyes, taking in a deep breath. Oblivious to her, the distraction she unintentionally posed to me was not making this any easier. Her stubborn actions, from the incessant glaring, and the moody huffing to the careless pouting was only drawing my attention away from the precarious situation at hand and onto her rosy lips that were now pulled into a thin line as she stared pointedly at the wall.

She was so not going to let me off the hook easily this time.

"Y/N," I started. "Flower," I tried again. "I'm sorry for what I said. Please talk to me."