Rule 58 | Never deny your relationship with your roommate.

"NO FAIR, Y/N-AH! How can you make the same letter as him every single time? Are you sure you two aren't cheating?" Mrs

   "NO FAIR, Y/N-AH! How can you make the same letter as him every single time? Are you sure you two aren't cheating?" Mrs. Choi, the most competitive out of the Three Musketeers of Hanrim, remarked with a pout as the other two, Mrs. Baek and Mrs. Shin nodded in concurrence, looking between Jungkook and I with accusatory glances.

"Ah, ahjumma!" I pouted, automatically dragging out the syllables to display how wronged I felt by the baseless accusation. "You already know I never cheat. How can you accuse me after knowing me for the last five years?"

I truly was not cheating.

Jungkook just kept on forming the same letter as me over and over again somehow.

The ladies had even asked him to sit with his eyes closed but to no avail. The position of our hands had matched every single time, keeping me safe from the killer penalty slaps that these women landed on the loser's hands.

"Alright, alright. But how can you two be so much in sync then? I just don't understand!" Mrs. Shin exclaimed with an exasperated sigh as she shook her head. "This is not going to work."

She glanced at Jungkook who was sitting right next to me. "I'll be the caller this round, young man." She declared decisively, leaning forward to ready herself. "Let's see if you two's telepathy still works then."

"Ahjumma! There's no such thing as telepathy between u—" I began vehemently, waving both my hands in denial but Mrs. Shin was already pulling out the next move, making a C with her hands apart, palms facing downwards.

"Aish," I cursed, cringing immediately as I looked at my raised hands, palms upright and facing forward.

In an effort to put their suspicions to rest, I had failed to make any of the four letters—A, B, C or D with my hands and had lost this round.

"Got you!" Mrs. Shin let out a delighted laugh as she inched forward, gesturing me to extend my hands forward. "It's about time you got a punishment too."

"Ahh, you can't do that, ahjumma." I complained in dismay, retracting my hands swiftly and grasping them together in my lap. "I was still speaking when you just started playing out of nowhere. I never got a chance to make a letter. That's cheating!"

"Not cheating, Y/N-ah, but optimum utilisation of time." Mrs. Shin smiled sweetly at me before gesturing me to bring forward my hands again. "Come on now, don't be a spoilsport and receive the penalty."

"Since the position of her hands was the closest to the letter D, it's only right that she receives four hand slaps, isn't that right ladies?" Mrs. Choi yelled enthusiastically as Mrs. Shin nodded, rubbing her hands together in preparation.

Ah, this was going to hurt.

I would have been fine if it was either Mrs. Baek or Mrs. Choi delivering the penalty. They had softer hands and therefore not a lot of power in their blows. But Mrs. Shin owned a dry cleaning business. From all that cleaning, washing and ironing, her hands were a lot more firm than most women in the neighbourhood, and with her own daughter vouching for the sheer strength of her smacks, I had no doubt that these four hand slaps were going to hurt like a bitch.